Bra Chafing Question

Options
NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
Hi Ya'll! I FINALLY fit in the sports bras I bought 10 years ago but now I have an issue. They have a seam that has rubbed my skin raw at my collar bone area on both sides. The area has finally scabbed over, but I need ideas. I wore bandaids over the areas the last two times I ran, but it still seemed to make it worse. I have a chafing stick. Would you use that on the raw area? I want to run tonight but am afraid of making it even worse. HELP?!

Replies

• SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me in my fave adidas sports bra. It just digs in on my shoulders no matter what I do. I put it on right before I work out and take it off right after, and that's the best thing I have found. I would try some simple first aid cream on them! Good luck, and congrats!
  • muffyjog
    Options
    I think I'd probably shop for a different sports bra. I have an elomi brand sports bra and have found it doesn't chafe me anywhere. It's a bit on the pricier side, but no pain is...well..no pain. :)

Shop around, it sounds like a different style might rub you differently and I'd call it a celebration for a job well done!
  • MelDarni
    Options
    Find a new sports bra?

I've had luck with Title Nine sports bras. They have a lot of different styles, for all different sizes of women*

(*well, they're no good if you're over a size DD, I believe, but otherwise good)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You probably need a new one.

CHafing stick should help some.
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    i get it rubbing under neath and under my arm pits.. really annoying... i got fitted properly to...:( but i guess seen i have lost cm's since that it is not right for me.... i know people use Vaseline and put that on your skin to help with the friction
  • kpkeack
    kpkeack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have that problem when the weather is cold and my skin is dry - so I put my bra on OVER a thin light breathable tank top. I can then put on a t-shirt or whatever over that so my ugly old sports bra doesn't show itself off. It works perfectly for prevention and cure.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    turn it inside out? a temporary fix, the better one is: replace that sucker!
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    Use Vasaline (Petroleum Jelly)- it works a treat trust me. I run a lot and when i go on big runs i use it to stop my bra rubbing from sweat under my boobs!
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts.. Time for a new bra...
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Time for a new sports bra me thinks... Nike 's "Dedication" and "Victory" Bras are amazing!!!! :)
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have used the chafing stick before healed, it has been OK
    love my e-nell bra. pricey but gets the job done when I run.
    Good Luck and congratulations on your weight loss so far
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    tank top underneath it til you can replace it?
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yea. DEFINITELY time to get a new sports bra. I like Nike and Under Armour, but even Target sells some cheap nice sports bra. I think they're by Champion. But I love those sports bras as well.
  • NiciS72
    Options
    I think I'd probably shop for a different sports bra. I have an elomi brand sports bra and have found it doesn't chafe me anywhere. It's a bit on the pricier side, but no pain is...well..no pain. :)

Shop around, it sounds like a different style might rub you differently and I'd call it a celebration for a job well done!

HA! I knew this would be come up. I've tried MANY of them. I am in a 36J right now and NONE of them work well keeping me in. I bought the Enell online and it sucked, so I sent it back. I bought the Shock Absorber and they said it would fit just fine. Guess what, it didn't. I'm keeping it in the hopes that in another 10 lbs it will fit. NONE of the stores near me sell anything in my size, so I'm relegated to online which I've had ZILCH luck with. These are old ones from Title 9 and are a 42 or 44 DDD. They're not pretty, but the do fit sorta and keep the girls from giving me a black eye.
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options

HA! I knew this would be come up. I've tried MANY of them. I am in a 36J right now and NONE of them work well keeping me in. I bought the Enell online and it sucked, so I sent it back. I bought the Shock Absorber and they said it would fit just fine. Guess what, it didn't. I'm keeping it in the hopes that in another 10 lbs it will fit. NONE of the stores near me sell anything in my size, so I'm relegated to online which I've had ZILCH luck with. These are old ones from Title 9 and are a 42 or 44 DDD. They're not pretty, but the do fit sorta and keep the girls from giving me a black eye.

Seriously rub vasaline on the areas that rub before you put your bra on - I suffered raw chafing it was painful and looked terrible and rubing vasaline changed my life (note bandaids etc DONT WORK)
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Try that Mole skin you can put on your feet or heal when you have an oouie
  • NiciS72
    Options
    OK, I found a solution. I wore one of my Champion cheapo sports bras underneath it and it covered the area and no chafing. Lots of itching cuz the skin is finally healing, but it worked! Thanks for all the ideas!