Time to lose the baby weight!

holly2234
holly2234 Posts: 37
Im Holly, ive been here a couple of days after failing to diet several times over the past few months. My idea of diet then was stop eating chocolate! That was just the tip of the iceberg now ive seen what i was actually eating.

So, im on track now and doing well so far. Im 5 foot 8 and weigh 15 stone/210lb and my goal weight is 160lb, possibly a few more depending on how i feel when i get there. I gained about 40lb when i was pregnant with my daughter (she's 8 months old now so no excuse there anymore) and gained another 10lb afterwards.

So, its time to shift the weight and it will definitely happen this time!

Any more fellow mums losing the baby weight?

Replies

• mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    my baby is 4yrs old...will be 5 in january! but i am still trying to get rid of the weight! i gained the same as you and now i am doing it the right way also!
  • Good luck to both of you ladies. I know you can do it! MFP is a great tool for losing weight.
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Hello! I have a 10 month old, whom is the second of two kids. I never gave myself the time to loose weight between the two kids so this is my chance to get it all off.....So happy your here, not only have I lost weight already but it's been an amazing life style change as well..Hollar if you need anything and feel free to friend me;-)
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Running and trying to watch what I eat. I'm in the military and they only give us 6 mths to get back in shape and do our PT test. I'm 5'8 as well and my goal is 164 (eventually down to 150)
  • Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    I am losing my bubby weight :) my baby is 6 months old now, i gained 20kgs during the preg and now tryin to recover. add me an check out my blog, my last post is about pre and post baby bod
  • I'm Lynn. My babies are 3 and 5. I'm still trying to lose the baby fat. WE CAN DO THIS LADIES
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I am trying - my daughter is 18mths now. Since I've had her I've lost 34.7kgs but I still have another 10kgs to go. I'm finding the last 10kgs is the hardest. I probably need to lose more than the 10kgs but for now I'll stick with that or else I'll feel over whelmed & give up. Good luck everybody :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Welcome! You will love this site. I lost all my baby weight from joining this within 4 months. After having my 3rd baby-he is 10 mos old now. Good luck on your journey
  • my baby is 4yrs old...will be 5 in january! but i am still trying to get rid of the weight! i gained the same as you and now i am doing it the right way also!

Good luck! Its very easy to think we're doing well and wonder why the weight wont come off until we see it in front of us :)
  • Yes!! My baby is 3 years old..and I am trying to lose the weight so you're kind of ahead of the game :) I'm just starting out and it definitely can be difficult with the holidays approaching and having a family who might be eating things that you really shouldn't. All you can do is stay focused and remember your goal..it's ok to splurge from time to time but don't make it a repeated thing everyday..if that makes sense?? Lol..good luck!!
  • Thanks everyone and good luck to you all!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I just had #4 5 months ago. Lost 90 lbs before I had her, gained 37 lbs with her and have lost all of my baby weight plus some since having her.
  • I just had #4 5 months ago. Lost 90 lbs before I had her, gained 37 lbs with her and have lost all of my baby weight plus some since having her.

Wow congrats!
  • rxwoman
    rxwoman Posts: 23 Member
    I'm also trying to get this weight off after baby #2! My son is 2 and my daughter 7 months. There's a great, supportive group, called "Moms on a mission" if you would like support. Seems like a great group of moms!
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    just had baby number 5, shes only 8weeks old but im gagging to be back to 140 lbs by summer. motivation frm others needed urgently lol!x
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Hey ladies! I am losing baby weight too. I lost 60 lbs after my first who is now 4 and my second is not quite 3 months old. I've got about 30 lbs to lose from this pregnancy...and about 70 I should have taken care of a long time ago. Let's go girls-time to be hot mommas!!
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    My son will be the big ONE in less than a week... and I have lost all my baby weight and then some. I gained a little over 40 lbs during my pregnancy, and have since lost a total of 56 lbs. TRUST ME... it wasn't easy!!! But my advice is to start now.. which is exactly what you're doing... terrific! Best of luck to you... IT CAN BE DONE! :flowerforyou:

Edit to add: My profile pic is from a couple of weeks after he was born to when I reached my initial goal weight in September!
This discussion has been closed.