Can I ask a question?

Options
Does walking back and forth to the bathroom count as exercise? I know this may be a little TMI but since I have been drinking more water I learned I must have a small bladder. I have to go to the bathroom what feels like every 10 minutes. It is a little annoying but I hope my body will get used to having more water and it won't always be like this. Does anyone know if that's true?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it won't always be like this. I promise. But I don't think you're walking to the bathroom enough to add up to much LOL
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think it's enough to really count.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Your body will get used to it and you won't be running to the bathroom so often. Good for you for increasing your water intake!

:flowerforyou:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Dont stop drinking water, and dont count it as exercise! It gets a little better.. I still pee what seems like every 30 minutes.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm in there all the time too, don''t know if it get's better sorry. and personally, I wouldn't count it, just because how do you track it?
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Your body will get used to it. I started drinking more water when I was in high school and now (I'm 27) I drink over a gallon a day. Give it about a month or maybe a little longer (it's different for everyone). Now if I don't drink enough water, I start feeling like I'm getting a bladder infection (sorry if that's TMI)!
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Very funny question but acutally anytime you are burning calories you are taking steps to a fitter you. Keep up the good work.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Your body is constantly burning calories, even as you sleep. Counting the calories you burn walking back and forth to the bathroom, unless it's a mile or more away, are negligible and will only skew your allotted calories if you log them here.
  • sahmed15
    sahmed15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, but it'll get better! I usually adjust to increased water intake within a week.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Good job on the water intake. And no, walking back and forth to the bathroom does not count as exercise as it is a fairly normal routine function. If that were the case I'll start counting sneezing as exercise since I have allergies and do so often. I apologize in advance if you meant it to be a joke.
  • SunsetWinds
    Options
    They keep telling me it gets better but so far, that hasn't been the case... It's been over a month for me and I take very frequent bathroom breaks, lol. And yeah, every step counts, but don't log those, lol.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    You should wear your HRM.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i wore my HRM when i took this massive $h!t, and i swear to god, i burned about 250 calories, and i strained myself so much i popped a blood vessel in my eye. do i count that as exercise? no, because thats part of my daily routine. actually, it's part of my daily routine about 3-4 times a day.
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    LMFAO ^^
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How far away is this bathroom of yours?
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I meant the first part about counting it as exercise as a joke. I just want to clear that up. Some of the responses makes me think people didn't get the humor. Sorry.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    use a pedometer. Aim for 10,000 steps.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Nope. Didn't get the humor. Thanks for clearing that up. :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I meant the first part about counting it as exercise as a joke. I just want to clear that up. Some of the responses makes me think people didn't get the humor. Sorry.
    Have you been around the forums long? A sincere question like that is nothing out of the ordinary.