Spinning class

Options
I'm gonna try it for the first time today. Anyone a fan?

Replies

• iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    PADDED SHORTS. That is all.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    lol oh no.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options

yep. take a towel and some water and buy yourself a special cushion for afterwards.
  • lissette50
    lissette50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love it...you will sweat your butt off. If your feeling tired just keep pedaling.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Padded shorts would definately be a wise investment :) other than that I loved it!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I flipping love spin! I go three times a week and I still cant get enough. <3 Favorite workout, for sure. Your butt won't be that bad if the instructor has you out of the saddle as much as mine does.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Love it...you will sweat your butt off. If your feeling tired just keep pedaling.

love it too
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bring water & a towel!

I used to spin a lot, I had a great instructor - I think the instructor and their music choice can really make the difference!
  • msjamartin
    Options
    I would love to give it a try but the instructor at my gym is creepy and freaks me out...his class is full though so it may just be me. One of the other locations I go to is expanding and if they have more room for spin then I will give it a try there...they have different instructors that are not also creepy.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted but will clarify that it depends on the instructor and the music. Hope you get a good one! (you can also get a gel seat from Target that you put on the bike seat instead of the padded shorts-around $15 very worthwhile investment!)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I started a month ago. You have to put as much of your weight closest to the handle bars, or in another words, as much weight as you can on your arms and not your butt. It will help the butt soreness.

Once you figure out how to sit, the soreness on the butt area will go away after 2 weeks. I only go once a week.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just LOVE it, its my favourite. I've no padded short but it does get some getting use to at first. Yes you'll be sore after but if you keep going the soreness will disappear. It's an awesome workout.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Today was my 2nd spin class. BUT, my *kitten* hardly leaves the saddle, but I do get my heart pumping regardless. I burned 647 calories today, :)

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a love / hate relationship with it. I think it's boring in the way that running on a treadmill is boring .... but I think it's a great workout. I sweat like a fiend and our instructor is energetic and plays good music. And it's good cross training. And I stay off the seat as much as possible to protect my precious parts:)
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT! Padded shorts are a good investment.. However, I can say that in my experience after your muscles get stronger it doesn't hurt anymore. It is awesome!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

You won't need padded shorts or a padded seat. That's just extra (expensive) laundry. Go to spin three times in two weeks and you will be used to it. I've been an instructor 8 years.

I don't wear padded shorts unless I'm going to ride on the road for at least 2 hours.

Absolutely the best bang for your calorie-burning buck in a short amount of time. You'll burn up to 1000 calories in an hour (depending on your weight).

Stick it out for the first 2 weeks and you'll be hooked!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ok, took my first class 2 weeks ago and have taken 2 more classes since and I am loving it!! Very sad that I'll miss the class this week due to a previous committment.

My rear really didn't get that sore. A little bit. Nothing major. Don't be scared of that. Bring a towel & some water because you will sweat. A. Lot. I was really nervous for the first class, but by the 3rd class I felt totally comfortable and never had to take a break from what the instructor was having us do. You get to control the tension on the bike, ultimately, so the workout is totally in your hands.

Go and have fun!!
  • allison_joan
    Options
    i LOVE spinning, it's the only group class I will go to. Try out a few different instructors if you have that option and go to your favorite, that will help you love it more. I don't wear padded shorts or have a padded seat and it doesn't cause me any issues but bring plenty of water!
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Its a fantastic workout..... 40 mins should burn at least 500-700 calories but it depends like anything else on how much work you put into it !