*sigh* i can't be the only one...

Options
13»

Replies

• sgarbacik
    sgarbacik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try adding some fiber in to your breakfast. Fiber + water = full stomach for longer.

Definitely...whole-wheat anything will help. I especially enjoy frosted mini-wheats :) Adding fruit on top of your cereal will help fill you up without extral cals. I hear smoothies are a great way to start the day too, I've done this before and should make a habit of it since it's a great way to get more fruit in your diet. You can use fresh or frozen fruit and even some veggies go well in it like spinach.

Allrecipes.com has some good ideas or WebMD has a nice summarized list here http://www.webmd.com/diet/fiber-health-benefits-11/easy-high-fiber-breakfast
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    pb and toast
  • brookeg20
    Options
    I usually eat greek yogurt with granola and that keeps me full for a while. I eat a cup of the fat free yogurt with about 3/4 a cup of the granola. Also, I make smoothies with the greek yogurt, frozen fruit, milk, wheat germ, and spinach. I add the spinach because you can't taste it and it adds lots of good stuff without a lot of calories. Is there other stuff that you eat for lunch or dinner that makes you feel full? Is so, eat that.

Also, you might be hungry so quickly because you're working out. Make sure you drink lots of water during and after, and if you're hungry, eat something. Several small snacks a day help me too.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't find those things fill me up at all. The only thing that makes me feel full is bread, which also makes me feel sick, so that's no good.......

Saying that, I am hungry pretty much all the time. I never understand this "I eat so and so and it keeps me full for hours" thing. I can't remember not being hungry.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Make an egg sandwich! Breakfast is the best time to carb up. I just put 2 eggs and some Lauging Cow Creamy swiss in there (one wedge) and im super full. dont forget to drink A LOT in the morning, cause lots of people wake up dehydrated. which makes you think your hungrier than you really are sometimes.