What if...? (Goals)

Options
hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
If weight were not a measurement of progress, what would your ultimate goal really be?

AND, what would your goal be if numbers in general were completely relevant?

For me, my ultimate goal would be to be able to put on ANY exercise video, and complete the entire workout with no breaks. :)

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    interesting topic :D

ultimate goal would be to be able to looked at as a strong woman, but with respect. I don't want to be called skinny or made fun of because of my size/age anymore!

Also to just look defined :] I don't care about numbers all that much now really xD
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    To be ripped
    To squat around 2x my body weight
    To run 10 miles

Who cares about weight, really?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Honestly weight numbers don't mean much to me at this point. I'm trying to get some decent abs and that's my main goal, other than becoming stronger with more endurance.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I'd want to be able to just fit into size 6 jeans without the bulge and be able to shake my arms without that jiggle.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I would really like to get rid of my lower belly pouch!

I do care about numbers, too, unfortunately. I want to be in the "normal" range for my height.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Weight shouldn't be your ultimate measure of progress! You should be worried about your health, your fitness, the way your clothes fit, what you look like in the mirror, what you look like with your clothes off ;) how STRONG you feel, how much further you can go waaaaay more than some stupid number on a scale.

Read this http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ please - and decide if you want to be 117 pound Staci or 141 pound Staci . Death to scales! :P x
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I want to do advanced yoga poses.
    Also to fit in size 8 jeans. :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to dance all night in 4-inch heels and still able to walk normally the next day...that is all!
  • killagb
    Options
    I'd want to be able to just fit into size 6 jeans without the bulge and be able to shake my arms without that jiggle.
    It's going to be quite a sight when you hit that goal, walking all over, flailing your arms about, showing off. :laugh:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get my blood sugar count LOW, and reverse the diabetes. I'm there, I just need to keep it up - FOR LIFE!!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    to have a round butt, and be able to kick butt. lol. I'd like to learn more about kickboxing and be good. and i'd like to get close to looking like biel, despite the 4" height dif. I'd like to be able to sprint without feeling dead after.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1. Be able to do a tri
    2. Do a headstand in Yoga
    3. do a full back bend (again)
    4. A chin up without my leg on the chair
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fitness goals! I want to be faster, stronger, and have more stamina.

I'm just getting started with weights and found out I can only lift the bars with now plates on it, it also takes me 3.5 hours to bike 35 miles. :indifferent:
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I go by weight just because it is a much more tangible goal than what I really want. But since you asked......I want to feel comfortable in my own body and feel like I look good. I want to like what I see. I'm not really worried about what size I am or what my weight is. I told myself before I started that if I ever reached the point that I didn't think I needed to lose anymore (before I hit my weight goal) that I would stop. I doubt that will happen, but if it does, I will. I would also like to be able to run a 5k.

I love so many of your goals, everyone. I want to be able to do a whole workout video with out pausing also. I also want to do advanced yoga poses (Tried and fell on my *kitten*. lol) No poochy belly!

Good Luck Everyone on achieving all of your goals!
  • killagb
    Options
    Fitness goals! I want to be faster, stronger, and have more stamina.

I'm just getting started with weights and found out I can only lift the bars with now plates on it, it also takes me 3.5 hours to bike 35 miles. :indifferent:
    You are making far more progress than the guy sitting at home just thinking about this! :drinker:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    If weight were not a measurement of progress, what would your ultimate goal really be?

AND, what would your goal be if numbers in general were completely relevant?

For me, my ultimate goal would be to be able to put on ANY exercise video, and complete the entire workout with no breaks. :)

1) Same as my goal is now - 19-21% bodyfat

2) No numbers at all? I'd want to be able to see visible muscle AND have all the abilities necessary to survive the zombie apocalypse.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It's going to be quite a sight when you hit that goal, walking all over, flailing your arms about, showing off. :laugh:

That is my plan too! xD
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to like my thighs. That's pretty much it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Some awesome goals!
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal? Just to feel beautiful, whether anyone else thinks it or not.