you can do it !! believe in yourself!!
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You all have done well! :)
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Don't know how to post pics, but you can see them in my profile. I'm 5' 7" and started out at 224 lbs. and am currently 145 lbs.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Well i started at 229 and I hope to be in the 160s in a couple of months! ;) I've lost 44 lbs. I've only just started noticing some lose skin on the bottom of my belly. I don't think it will be too bad. I've lost 8-9 inches in my hips and 2 inches from each arm with no lose skin there. I know I will have *some* lose skin, hoping it's not too bad :)

I had lost 9 lbs before the "before" pic and I've lost 8 lbs since this "after" pic but ....

300198_596395511955_50401401_32766986_1679354844_n-1.jpg
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    Yall are so motivating!!

I had been successful a few years back at dropping 35lbs (starting at 220 getting down to 185)...and put it all back on...

I have recommitted to myself and my health again recently and am looking forward to being as successful as you all have been...and staying healthy and active till the end of my days...

MFP has been great for accountability and motivation!! (feel free to friend me!!)

Congrats to everyone on their success and health!!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I started at 229 and am currently at 185. I still have some weight to lose...my target weight is 174 as I am 5ft11 with a large frame. I will see if that's right when I get there. I feel amazing for the weight lost ! I don't have any loose skin. Good luck with your weight loss! You can do it! I don't have any body pics of recently ( I will add some soon) but there are some before and afters in my profile pics.
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    I started at 225 and I'm now 174 -- I've had no problems.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I started at 218, now at 159. I vary my workouts to build muscle tone. So overall I am in pretty good shape. Plus I was fortunate not to have lots of stretch marks.

But honestly, I was pretty big chested (not just my boobs---all around). When I am naked, this area is very loose with skin lately. But I think it'll shrink back in due time. I'm not going to stress about it.

Its way healthier to have excess skin, than to have excess fat, right?
  • dezu73
    Options
    I'm feeling a little dumb here, but how do you get pics to post? Thank you!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Well, I am a guy, but I started at 224, and now at 148. I have a little bit of sagging skin just below my navel, but that might be due in part to my age - I'm 50. I'm hoping that it will firm up over the next year or so... but then again, I'm 50... this might be how it's just gonna be.

I'm 5'7 BTW.

I have some pics in my profile.

You can do it!
  • dezu73
    Options
    Nevermind! I found it under help..photobucket, no spaces in title, and copy code. DUH! LOL!
  • dezu73
    Options
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Started at 232lbs - Currently 167lbs (I have 3 more to go...)

No loose or hanging skin
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Look at my ticker.

I'm 229 in the picture on the far left, and 161 in the picture on the far right.
  • dezu73
    Options
    I hope this works!

I apologize for the silly post, but I am struggling with this photo thing.

Didn't work...I am throwing in the towel! I hope everyone has a great night and congrats on your success!
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I started here on MFP at 213, but with my highest known weight at 231. I am currently 171 and so far no loose or sagging skin, but that could also be because I have lost it gradually. I have heard more about skin being an issue with people who lost the weight very fast or who were over 100lbs over weight. My husband has had some issues with skin because he is at almost 100 pounds down since Feb. 2011 but his has been tightening up too, ,just takes time. I will throw in my before and *current* pics though. The before is probably around 225-230 and the current is 175.
    [img]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/may5184/Weight Loss/DSC01579-1.jpg[/img]
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Looking for some before and after motivational pictures for me to look at of people who have started around 229 and have made it to 160s and below. and also, do you find you have hanging skin? :) thanks in advance :)

I finished an 8 week weight loss challenge (started at 219lbs) and lost 19% of my body weight and dropped 8% in body fat. My total weight loss, counting dehydrating, was 41 lbs! I'll have before and after pictures posted on the success stories as sson as I get them from the gym. It's actually quite embarrassing to have the before pictures hanging up on the wall at the gym!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yeah I started at 91kgs and am now 74kgs! No baggy skin or anything... I do weights twice a week and have since I decided to lose weight, so I'm pretty tonned really :) have a look through my photos if you like. Still have a few to go!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    5.jpg

I started at 215... currently around 143. The "after" picture was around 150 I believe. Not sure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!