I CANT STAND THIS PLATEAU

Options
maybe i am being overdramatic but in all honesty i CANNOT STAND THIS PLATEAU. I have been wavering between 151 and 153 for 3 weeks. I have changed my diet (eating more frequently, eating closer to 1200 cals), changed my workouts (increased mins of cardio & strength weights & added 30DS) and i drink enough water to hydrate a small village. I AM STUCK. i have made my log public so you can take a look and ive asked this before but honestly im about to go nuts. I cannot stand this. i work so hard everyday- and it seems to go NO WHERE.

please and thanks.
Danielle.

Replies

• Clinno
    Clinno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have been stuck for about a week and I'm already going crazy!
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    11 weeks and counting!!! Good Luck and DON'T GIVE UP.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Log your exercise and eat more, it's honestly that simple. You are not eating enough so your body is not letting go of fat because it thinks your in the middle of the fricken desert without much food...
  • letonia_
    letonia_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The Weight Loss Plateau

Over time our bodies adapt to the lowered calorie level. Our body becomes more efficient at using energy (lowered metabolism), and therefore burns less fat.
    This is why most of us reach a weight loss plateau. At this point, the only option is to boost metabolism; increased cardio, weight training, 'cheat' meals (i.e. occasional high-calorie meals), cycling (or zig-zagging) calories, and even manipulating macro-nutrient ratios can all help to do this (don't forget adequate sleep and hydration). You often find that the nearer you get to your goal weight (or body fat percentage) - the harder things get!

Continually dropping calories only serves to lower metabolism even further - the moment you return to 'normal' eating - the weight comes back on.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    eat more :) including your exercise calories.. it really helps i swear!
    give it a couple weeks before giving up and trying something else.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at a plateau for about 3 months... 2 things seemed to break it... one, was breaking out of my very strict eating plan for 2 entire days... eating more then i had in forever for those 2 days ( not totally unhealthy mind you...just more food)...it was VERY hard to do! And then, also adding Cinnamon... I had read about it on another weight loss blog... specifically ceylon cinnamon is good... from whole foods etc... i can't say for certain those 2 stradegies were what started me moving again, or if it was coincidence...but i started losing again!

One note on the cinnamon though, is that from some reading online, it can be potentially dangerous to pregnancy, and diabetics should be careful...it is supposed to effect your blood glucose levels and help regulate them...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    put your weight lost at 0.5 pounds a week
    eat 75% of your exercise calories.
    Drink water
    Sleep 8 hours a night

This too shall pass
  • fukuyama
    Options
    You seem to not eat enough protein...
  • getfit618
    getfit618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    eating more is SO HARD. i feel satisfied with how much i eat now so it seems silly to force foods- guess ill just eat more PB. THANKS EVERYONE for your help though its nice just hearing ideas and suggestions!
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I looked though some of your diary, and you are usually under 1200 calories. Maybe either try zizagging your calories or eating a bit more.

I got a zigzag plan from this website http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm.

Either way, don't give up! You can do it!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 193 for weeks. I guess it just happens, no explanation. Just keep doing what you are doing. When the plateau broke, it was business as usual. Keep the faith, and stick with the plan. Be patient, it will happen. Persisitence, and perspiration.
  • fukuyama
    Options
    And you are skipping meals...
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    eating more is SO HARD. i feel satisfied with how much i eat now so it seems silly to force foods- guess ill just eat more PB. THANKS EVERYONE for your help though its nice just hearing ideas and suggestions!

mmmm maybe try changing the percentages of protein and carbs...start with 10% more protein and 10% fewer carbs, with the same caloric total. give that some time and see if you do better there.
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    you do need to eat more. i've hit plateaus and upping my calories breaks it every time. make sure you eat at least most of your exercise calories.

if you really feel like you cant eat enough, try eating nuts or cooking/adding olive oil to stuff. easy way to get calories.
  • lsgordon02143
    lsgordon02143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Maybe 151-153 is a "good" weight for you? I looked at your diary and what happened on 11/6 :) ? I agree with the previous guys who said eat more and log your exercise. 1200/day, and you're not really even hitting that most days, won't let your body lose weight. Good luck!
  • letonia_
    letonia_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    *Calorie cycling provides same amount of calories per week, but 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories.
    This helps to prevent or break plateaus :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Up your calories.

Works.
  • sandincocco
    Options
    I'ev been at this plateau for months now I do almost 7 hour of cardio and still nothing. Ive tried cheating a bit as well yet nothing I ve lost 37 pounds and now i'm stuck how do i stay motivated in this negative spot
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I understand,me too with that - so frustrating, don't give up!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

It's more of a mental thing than a physical. We know this because we all got in the problem with weight by eating a lot more than 1200 calories (or my case 3000, lol). If you have trouble eating more quantity, then you need to eat more quality (higher calorie foods) that will provide more benefit; avocado, nuts, peanut butter, no low fat substitutes, cheese, and cook with olive oil. Also, 1200 calories is not nearly going to be enough. If you give me your height, I can figure out what your caloric needs are.