question for the big blessed chested ladies.

Options
ok im a 42/44 DD. when working out i feel like i need to wear not one but two sports bras. does anyone else have to do this? and if so what do you do? any tips? bc im tired of having to stop so i can reajust. AND unluckly for me ive never been one too loose breast when loosing weight. they either drop a size.
any tips would be appriciated.
thanks
manda

Replies

• camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i kinda have the problem too.....but if you have ever watched tyra banks show - the tyra show - she had an exposed on there where she showed a bra that supported, and didn't let you "bounce".....so maybe try looking that up and see if that would work for you?.
  • jaeemtea
    jaeemtea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmm.......... Maybe you just haven't found the right size sports bra. I've found it very difficult to find them above a C. It takes some looking but the larger sizes are out there. Maybe go and have a fitting done at someplace other than Victoria Secret (they don't usually have large enough bras and/or they try stuffing you in a bra that doesn't fit). I think the last time I bought some I had good luck at J C Penney. Don't get the pull over ones. Try to find ones that actually hook in back. Mine hook then the ends snap together so the extra isn't flapping around. Can't recall the name of the brand so sorry about that.
  • bangel121
    Options
    I have always used two sports bras when doing anything high impact. I can't stand bouncing. You might even feel better if you get one that's a size to small.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from working at a bra factory when i was in my 20's, that a 44DD is the same thing as a 46D. It's proven. So you might want to juggle around with that. I just wear my normal bra when I work out, and it helps a lot. When I started in January, my bra size was a 48DD.
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If i'm only stretching or doing low-impact exercise, I will wear one sports bra.
    If I'm doing exercise that results in more movement, then I usually wear a sports bra underneath an exercise shirt that has the extra breast support on it. There's no way I could go with just one sports bra for more active exercising. Doesn't matter how supportive the sports bra is, one never works for me, especially with jogging, etc...
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried an Enell sports bra? They're pretty much the gold standard for support.

I feel your pain. I was a 38D when I got preggers...swelled-up to a flippin' 40H-I during the entire time I was lactating. After weaning I only shrunk down to a 38DDD. Lost 40#s and was a 34DDD. Had breast reduction surgery to bring me down to a 34D (would have liked to go smaller, but I have very wide-based breasts, so that was as small as we could go without giving me "pancake breasts"). As it is, the first place I gain and last place I lose is my boobs. Drives me nuts. If I lose weight I'll be in a 32DD, which is damned near impossible to find.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~~ Your problem solver, ladies, has arrived! I'm a 38DD or a very full 38D.. I use a regular bra, a sports bra that's a tad tight, and a tight tank top over. There is a lot of support there. I have never had any pain in my chest, and even though the boobies do bounce a lot (c'mon now, you can't stop that!), I am super comfortable running, elliptical, bending over, etc.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 sports bras and it still hurts like hell to do jumping jacks, which sucks, cause they are great to get the heart rate up
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I gave up on trying to find a decent sports bra in local stores and ordered one from freshpair.com. I got a 40DDD soft cup style by Goddess and it never feels like I need a 2nd one. There's another underwear website where they do video bounce tests of their sports bras but I can't remember what it's called.
  • teamlangston
    teamlangston Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a 42 DDD, so I know bounce. I was a B/C in highschool and I miss those boobs!! I miss running without hurting. I do have a sports bra that was a little bit of money, has eye hooks down the front, but it keeps the puppies at bay. I have no bounce while running. It's called an ENELL.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I used to wear two bras. Then, I went to a running store, and Kim told me about a company called Moving Comfort.

Best. EVER. They are made by women, who obviously know what boobies need.

Also, the Enell bra is supposed to be super amazing. I never tried it, b/c mine shrunk enough for a MC bra.

So I would suggest checking out either or both of those options. Try them on in a store (and the buy them cheaper on Amazon)! Totally worth it!
  • heathera1980
    Options
    I do exactly what AggieLu does and believe me, it works! Just a sports bra alone leaves too much room for bounce and its tough on the boobies and breathing! :laugh:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a sports bra over the regular bra girl. When I first started I was a 38G and now I'm a 32G (which is a much harder size to find in the states). I've heard Enell is a great brand but I haven't gotten to try it out.

Anyone with a large cup/small band MUST check out Jenette Bras in Los Angeles (there are currently two stores, one in Hollywood and one in Pasadena). The bras are pricey, but magical. Jenette doesn't carry any bras smaller than a D cup.
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For everyone here - go look at www.herroom.com. It's a really great lingerie site. You can search sports bras by size, they have not only customer reviews but their own fitters who measure it independently and make comments. They show how each bra would look under various styles of shirts, they give awards to the best ones, and lots and lots of information on each piece. They even have bounce videos! It's great and their return policy is fantastic. (haha, no I do not work for them!)

I use this one and love it. http://www.herroom.com/enell-100-sports-bra.shtml. I'm a 44DDD and do an hour of Zumba in this with not a bounce. When I lose enough weight that it doesn't fit anymore, I will buy a smaller one. It was a big awkward and restraining the first time I put it on, but it's fine now and it works GREAT. I highly recommend it.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    OK, I tried the Enell and bought it based upon THEIR website. It did not fit. The band was too big and the girls were so smooshed they were coming out wherever the could. AND the still bounced. I returned it and bought the Shock Absorber. That fit a lot better in the band, but the cup was too small even though I called customer service and told them what size I was currently wearing in a Panache bra. I kept the Shock absorber and it fits OK now with a little/lot of spillage depending on water retention. I am currently in a 36HH but the old ones I bought from Title Nine 10 years ago fit OK and I believe they are a 42DDD. I still bounce, but not so much they hurt. Hope this helps!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Anyone with a large cup/small band MUST check out Jenette Bras in Los Angeles (there are currently two stores, one in Hollywood and one in Pasadena). The bras are pricey, but magical. Jenette doesn't carry any bras smaller than a D cup.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will look to see if I can find them online. Thus far I'm liking Le Mystere. Used to be that one could pretty much only get small band/large cup bras from the UK, but finally they're starting to become available in the US. About damned time...there's no reason why a woman with a small rib cage won't have a large cup size, since it's all proportionate.
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Also, the Enell bra is supposed to be super amazing. I never tried it, b/c mine shrunk enough for a MC bra.

It really really is!!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 DD. I bought a slightly tight sports bra. Nothing fancy. I still wear a sports tank top over for less bounce. Its cheap and effective.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm the same size as the OP and have found that I have to wear two as well - one fabric one that doesn't support as much as soak up sweat (so gross, sorry about that) and then Moving Comfort Fiona. I had to get it online from REI because they didn't sell my size in the store but it was worth it. It's adjustable with strong velcro so I've been able to cinch it up as I'm losing weight - and, blessedly, my girls are shrinking!

I do jumping jacks and treadmilling in it and hardly notice a bounce.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If you find the right kind of bra you can just wear one. I love the "Fiona" style bra by Moving Comfort. I am around a 42DD and I got a 40DD in it and the girls don't move at all! I think it was around $40 on Amazon. I have tried other Moving Comfort styles and this one was by far the best.I have heard Enell and Shock Absorbers are good too (but I think more expensive )