Options
    Me: 8 - LNS: 2*

At least we went out for a walk afterwards... :wink:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me:2
    LNS: 4

I was so good last night, even though it was date night with hubby :) Iced tea is all I had after dinner, even though hubby was pushing for us to go out for ice cream.

Thumbs up! Maybe have a scoop of ice cream this weekend (daytime), to make it up for it? :wink:

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge, especially since i constantly find myself wanting a snack when i get off at 1:30am. This is when i tend to stop at walgreens and grab some chocolate or other things that i shouldn't. I will make my cutoff time 8pm. Oh is gum allowed after this time?

I agree with Zaza; as long as it doesn't make you hungrier (it happens to me all the time), I wouldn't count it.
    Just make sure that it's not constantly in your mouth, as I think this sends your brain signals that there's food in your mouth, which in turn sends the stomach the message "get ready". Personal advice, I haven't documented myself on this.

Oh, and WELCOME :flowerforyou:. The more, the merrier :smile:.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Hi, I'm new!

I'm a terrible late night snacker. Lately I've discovered pomegranates. It seriously takes me about 35-45 minutes to eat one of those, and they are like 110 calories (and I swear I burn at least 1/4 of that fighting my way into them).

:laugh: I like the idea .A lot!

Are you saying you're joining us in the challenge, or was this only a sincere advice to all of us fighting against LNSnacking?
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me: 10
    LNS: 2
    Have a good Sunday everyone!
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Still hanging in there.
    Me: 11
    LNS: 2
    Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    LNS: 4

I blew it last night....we'd had company all day and finger-foods were rampant. So, once they left, I just finger-fooded myself for the remainder of the evening. Ugh.

I started the 12-week exercise program from "body for life" today, so that should help keep me on track.

Congrats to ALL you ladies who are only at "1" or '2" for your LNS - that's a REALLY incredible feat at mid-November. I think you are WONDERFUL INSPIRATIONS!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 8 - LNS: 5*

Logging ahead, 3 nights in a row for the snacks. I'm afraid to step foot on the scale. Things have GOT to change!

(I lost 1 point on the way again... gotta scroll back in my memory to find it :smile:)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 8 ~ LNS: 5*
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 9* ~ LNS: 5
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 8*
    LNS - 6
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 10* ~ LNS: 5
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 8
    LNS - 7*

I think I'm not even trying. But I will today.
  • Munkyzilla
    Options
    OK this just busted me. I just scarfed down 3 pieces of turkey bacon. LOL Not horrible, but a def pattern. Ugh.
  • zaza54
    Options
    I had a strange day yesterday -hardly ate at all so I allowed myself to eat after cut-off time, but I'm giving it to LNS.
    Me: 12
    LNS: 3
    Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    LNS: 5

While this might not look like "success", this means that 2 out of 3 days, I am NOT LNS - believe me, THAT is a mark of SUCCESS for sure (for me)!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    (I lost 1 point on the way again... gotta scroll back in my memory to find it :smile:)

I think that point was mine :wink: and last night's point definitely was, so:
    Me: 10 - LNS: 5

Lorna, you have half of the month left and this will put you way ahead of LNS! :wink: Just get back to your old self :flowerforyou:.
    Zaza, loveme, Beeps, good scores, good work! (Zaza, I'm not so sure that the LNS deserved it this time. It sound like you were way under your calories and this is not like you - some ppl do eat their main meal late and we don't want this here, but this was an exception for you, so you should rethink the points :wink:.)
  • Munkyzilla
    Options
    OK, here is my problem with late night snacking. I AM A TOTAL NIGHT OWL. :glasses: There is nothing I can do about it. I've tried it all, and it is my body clock. I get to work around 9:30 in the morning, I work like a dog all day, I get home around 7, go to the gym, eat a l light dinner, and then I'm starving by 10 pm.

Is eating late really so bad? I do eat during the day, but like everything else, my appetite wants a snack. My very favorite snack are these low fat crackers with black pepper, and I LOVE them. But my current nutrition plan discourages carbs of any kind, and I'm trying to stick to it.

Can I ask your feedback, please? I'm a newb and would appreciate your insights! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Generally, I don't think "eating late" is bad, at all, Munkyzilla. Specifically, for me, I know that ANY of MY late-night snacking is just BOREDOM. It isn't hunger. It isn't anything. Just empty calories.

So, I'm working on stopping it - maybe not altogether, but if I got down to once-per-week, I'd be THRILLED.

Oh, and I blew it last night - :(

LNS: 6
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 5

Last night I was slightly off. I had a Breakstone's cottage double 100 cals, but I had gone spinning and I felt I needed it. The good news is that it's getting so much easier to control the snacking the longer I keep up the no snacking. I have lost a few pounds(I am in maintenance) this week, so I'm very happy. I just need to get over here and post more oftern :)