NSV- Running

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey all,

As my friends know on here i have been doing the C25K challenge. I am now on week 5 and completed day 2 yesterday. Just before i started i thought there in no way i am going to be able to run for 30 minutes non stop! What a differents 5 weeks has made! Last night i ran non stop for 8 minutes...twice! The first week i was wheezing after 60 seconds! I do it outside, going uphills and everything, i may not go very fast but i go! i am very proud of myself and am starting to feel i really can run for 30 minutes in 4 weeks time :)

Everyone if you have thought about doing the C25K, outside or on the treadmill i would recommend it!

xxxxx

Replies

• felicity866
    Options
    thanks for your post.....i started the c25k program this morning. I made it to the end (but only just...lol) without stopping, so here is hoping that i can get stronger with every run.

well done on you success!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You can most definitely do it. I know next week is your 20-minuter, and I also know that after 2 8-minuters it was easy! And after that step up, everything else is also easy by comparison!

Ra-ra!!
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Ive to agree and i am on week 7 now. I cant wait to finish the program and know that i can finally run the whole 5k :)
    Hey all,

As my friends know on here i have been doing the C25K challenge. I am now on week 5 and completed day 2 yesterday. Just before i started i thought there in no way i am going to be able to run for 30 minutes non stop! What a differents 5 weeks has made! Last night i ran non stop for 8 minutes...twice! The first week i was wheezing after 60 seconds! I do it outside, going uphills and everything, i may not go very fast but i go! i am very proud of myself and am starting to feel i really can run for 30 minutes in 4 weeks time :)

Everyone if you have thought about doing the C25K, outside or on the treadmill i would recommend it!

xxxxx
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can totally do the 20minutes next week. I went from only being able to slowly do 2 minutes at a time to running for 63 minutes yesterday :) Have faith in yourself, you have already come so far. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    -Andi
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I've gotta do my 20 minutes this week. Week 5 run 3 but feeling confident :D xxxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Well done hunni, so proud of u :) x x
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Thanks hun :D xxx
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I didn't do the C25K but I did start running a couple of months ago mostly motivated by wanting to burn more calories so I could eat more lol. My best day so far has been 36 minutes (4 miles). My problem is I get bored. I'm having trouble with the whole learning to love running thing. Still, it's a great feeling when you realize you can do it!:)
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Awesome! I didn't do the C25K but I did start running a couple of months ago mostly motivated by wanting to burn more calories so I could eat more lol. My best day so far has been 36 minutes (4 miles). My problem is I get bored. I'm having trouble with the whole learning to love running thing. Still, it's a great feeling when you realize you can do it!:)

I understand what you mean, its more brain power than fitness. Do you take an ipod?
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! C25K is a great program. I started it last November, and finally completed it. I fell and injured my knee so had some setbacks but completed it! Don't give up. Repeats weeks if you need to and don't get discouraged. Remember you are doing great and you are off the couch! I'm now able to run 4miles without stopping, and am currently training for a 10K. Keep up the good work
  • steamer61
    steamer61 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you. My name is Regina and I did 2 rounds of Insanity and feel stronger than ever. I decided to switch it up and train for my first half marathon which is in March. I am presently training with a nike.com plan, but saw your posts about the C25K. What is it and where do I find it? I never thought I would be a runner, but at 50 I have definitely shocked myself. I am walking 4 minutes and then running one minute and not doing to bad. So any help or motivation, I am ready for both.:smile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hello to all of you. My name is Regina and I did 2 rounds of Insanity and feel stronger than ever. I decided to switch it up and train for my first half marathon which is in March. I am presently training with a nike.com plan, but saw your posts about the C25K. What is it and where do I find it? I never thought I would be a runner, but at 50 I have definitely shocked myself. I am walking 4 minutes and then running one minute and not doing to bad. So any help or motivation, I am ready for both.:smile:

Hey Regina. C25K is a fitness program where you build up over 9 weeks to run 5k or 30 minutes. It starts with 60 seconds run to 90 seconds walking and then keeps building up. You can get apps on your phone if you have a smart phone or download the podcasts online for your ipod. If you go onto google and type c25k then the website with the plan will come up :)

I may start the bridge to 10k in the new year :D

xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!