Irrationally angry over weight loss right now

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
Had my weigh in tonight. Sixteen weeks since I've started. I lost 0.7kg (1.54lbs) which takes me to 19.7kg (43.4 pounds) lost which is an amazing achievement.

But I want to hit 20kg (44lbs) lost SO BAD and it's such a tiny amount and I need to break this psychological barrier (the most I've ever lost has been 16kg (35lbs) and my motivation is just gone right now.

I'm having a cheat breakfast and lunch tomorrow (bacon and eggs, then a tandoori chicken salad for lunch) but it's taking all my self control not to go to Maccas right now.

And I'm getting angrier because it's totally irrational and yet I'm feeling it!

Replies

• sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's not wrong to be upset about not being at a certain place in your weight loss journey. You have done an AMAZING job. I know how difficult it is. Just keep trying. Mix things up if you're not satisfied with current losses. Eat more, eat less, work out more, add weights, change your cardio, drink more water, etc.... It's a nasty puzzle that we've all got to figure out.

One strange thing I just realized is that I have unconsciously done the same thing as you. I set some random goal for myself based on a round number - not how I felt about myself.

20kg or not - you're going to be just fine. Keep it up and come back to show us those success pictures!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    WOW.. i hate the mind sometimes..
    Do you have any idea how silly that sounds. I can't stop jumping for joy over having lost 7kg's and you've lost 20 pretty much. 300g.. seriously.. you're going to throw it away for 300g.. Not good.
    Think how far you've come and how hard you've worked to get to where you are now.
    Also think where you'll be in a years time: Will you be the one saying ÝES.. I did it' or the one saying Íf only I'd stuck with it a year ago, I'd already be at my goal weight'??

DONT THROW IT ALL AWAY. 300g.. 300g.. Really.. Maybe just go for a poop :)
  • spacey1968
    Options
    You are not alone! I have experienced the same thing over the past few weeks! I've been stuck at a plateau for over 2 weeks! Keep talking to us and enjoy your breakfast! It's ok! Just log it and keep going! And keep breathing! :)
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Don't give up. It's OK to give in once in a while but NEVER GIVE UP. Commitment to portion control and exercise will pay off.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well!!

i know its not the important part of the post, but since when is chicken SALAD a cheat meal!?
  • Tenesha31
    Options
    Don't give you up you are almost there....switch up some things in your diet or exercise..add me if you need more support!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    WOW.. i hate the mind sometimes..
    Do you have any idea how silly that sounds. I can't stop jumping for joy over having lost 7kg's and you've lost 20 pretty much. 300g.. seriously.. you're going to throw it away for 300g.. Not good.
    Think how far you've come and how hard you've worked to get to where you are now.
    Also think where you'll be in a years time: Will you be the one saying ÝES.. I did it' or the one saying Íf only I'd stuck with it a year ago, I'd already be at my goal weight'??

DONT THROW IT ALL AWAY. 300g.. 300g.. Really.. Maybe just go for a poop :)

Oh please don't think I'm giving up. I'm having a cheat day tomorrow but then am straight back on it. I'm just pissed beyond belief. (and no, Maccas will not happen) Just having a whinge.

Besides, I remember how i felt when I was 20kg heavier. It was terrible.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I don't think you're giving in.. I just know how easy it is too fall back into old habits. And I'm also not saying don't enjoy yourself tomorrow. I cheat often and find it easier to stick to my new lifestyle that way. If I want something, I'll have it - and then it's just about portion control if it's bad.
    Just don't wanna see you give in because of 300g. Don't make deadlines for yourself. It becomes so much more difficult then. Just award yourself when you do meet goals - dont make it a time based thing.? Thats just my suggestion. And I bet you'll be half a kg lighter this time next week..
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I got down to 12 stone 1lb and been hovering between there are 12 stone 6lbs ever since. Getting below that 12 stone mark so I can tell people I'm 11 stone something seems almost impossible sometimes.

I've lowered my target weightloss to 0.5lb a week, stuck with it far more reliably and accurately than I have been doing in recent weeks and I'm really upping my exercise within a proper routine.

I'm seeing a distinct downward trend now, and that's really encouraging me that I'm doing the right thing to see results. I now have my fingers cross before the party season kicks off in earnest in a couple of weeks!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I mean this with love....

*SLAP!* Snap out of it! :explode:

You're already losing at an incredible rate. Possibly even a little too fast. Cut yourself some slack. It's not a race... it's for life. Hitting this goal today vs next week doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    As I'm sure you know, 20kg is just a number. It's obviously a goal you set for yourself that you want to reach, which is perfectly fine, but 20 isn't going to be that much different than 19.7.

What I like to do when I'm close to a round number target I've set for myself but not QUITE there is change the units of measure.

19.7kg == 3.1 stone == 694.9 ounces == 43.4 lbs

3.1 stone is the closest, so you've already met that goal, now it's onto the next one.

It's a bit of a cheat I know, but it helps me get mentally over the hurdle when I'm SO close but not quite there yet. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • ThisTimeIsIt1956
    Options
    My thought is spend a little time being angry but then use that anger to motivate you right back on track.