I need to pick your brain

Options
I do heavy strenght training 3 times a week and do cardio a few time a week.
I am 4'11'' 125-126 pounds.
Right now, I eat 1400 calories a day for 2 weeks then 1200 calories for 2 weeks and eat my exercise calories. I have my macro at 40/30/30
My weight is the same since April. When I started strenght training on august 28th, I lost 6 inches total in the first 6 weeks since then, no changes in inches.
Since april I tried, more calories a day (up to 1600)
Zig zagging
Low carbs (i really was not a good idea!!!!)

I do not eat that much processed food.

I know that I can't gain muscle on a deficite. I am alot stronger and that is wonderfull. I wish I would lose BF% but I feel stuck stuck stuck.

Anyone has a suggestion?

Thank you

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal set at?? 2, 1.5, 1, .5 or maintenance?
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Your food choices need to change would be my suggestion. Making sure you have healthier ratios on your P/C/F in each meal.

I guarantee that is part of the stall. Also, sometimes eating back calories can be a set up. Depending on how and what you are choosing.

Lastly, how you approach your training relative to cardio, like training in an aerobic training zone. If you are going hard and fast during cardio, that will just pull from the glycogen in the muscle and once that is at its lowest store point, begin pulling from lean mass and not the fat cell.

So, there are few place to inventory to get a full picture but again, food (in accordance with your joural log) seems to be a huge culprit in your not seeing result.

Best,
    Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    "If nothing changes, nothing changes."
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal set at?? 2, 1.5, 1, .5 or maintenance?

When I am at 1400 cal a day, my deficite is 70 calories a day if I use MFP but 270 if I use many other calculators (about 0.5 pounds a week)
    When I am at 1200, my deficite is 270 cals for MFP and 470 for the other calculators ( about 1 pounds a week)
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    Your food choices need to change would be my suggestion. Making sure you have healthier ratios on your P/C/F in each meal.

I guarantee that is part of the stall. Also, sometimes eating back calories can be a set up. Depending on how and what you are choosing.

Lastly, how you approach your training relative to cardio, like training in an aerobic training zone. If you are going hard and fast during cardio, that will just pull from the glycogen in the muscle and once that is at its lowest store point, begin pulling from lean mass and not the fat cell.

So, there are few place to inventory to get a full picture but again, food (in accordance with your joural log) seems to be a huge culprit in your not seeing result.

Best,
    Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    "If nothing changes, nothing changes."

So you would suggest I eat 40/30/30 at each meal?

For cardio I do HIIT
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water and watching your sodium intake? Other than that, IDK!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I was losing really slowly until I got a Bodymedia FIT and I really got a handle on what my TDEE is.

40/30/30 macros + 1 spike day a week got the weight losing again, but my TDEE was higher than I had estimated and I was chronically undereating.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It seems you've reached your weight loss goal, yes?

I would think you would need to switch to maintenance so your calories will be upped a little and then you could work on cutting body fat %. no?
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

I would think you would need to switch to maintenance so your calories will be upped a little and then you could work on cutting body fat %. no?

This is what I was thinking too. You are doing GREAT Yanika! Proud of you xo
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Eat at bmr for six days and eat high protein. Have one spike day a week at 2xbmr with high carbs. Consume the majority of your calories in the evening. Don't eat exercise calories. You will lose.
  • Yanicka1
    Options

Oh I did that laready, I did put myself at maintenance for.....1 month and a half, my body weight is 26% and I want to be 18-20% so I do not know what my goal weight is
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The numbers you get from other sites, do they include exercise? They generally do. You could try using those numbers and not eating exercise calories. How intense is your cardio? Could you be over training? Have you taken a week off of exercise? You could also try a "spike" day where you eat 2000+ calories but then 1200 every other day so your average remains around 1400.