Turbo Jammers 4/20-4/26

Options
Welcome to a new week Jamaholics!

"Attendence" was really low last week. I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. Hope we see some familiar faces this week and as always we loooooove new faces!

Let's do this.....

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a new week Jamaholics!

"Attendence" was really low last week. I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. Hope we see some familiar faces this week and as always we loooooove new faces!

Let's do this.....
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :yawn: Today is my first day. Thank you Megan 0313 for turning me onto this link. I literally found Turbo Jam while cleaning the other day. My sister had ordered it in August 2006 and never even opened it (she hates exercise) and gave it to my daughter who threw it on a shelf and here I am. I haven't started yet but will do it for the first time in about an hour and will let you know how it goes after (if I can still function then :laugh: ). I got my HRM yesterday and am raring to go. :glasses:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Good Morning!

naugustyniak, glad you joined us! We'll be anxious to hear how your first TJ went! :tongue: I have PK&J on tap for today...I haven't done that one in ages, then I think Booty Sculpt.

Last week was pretty light on here...hope we hear from deedun, Sara, and Kelly this week!!
    :heart:
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    Okay I DID IT!!! I did Learn and Burn. I only burned 171 calories but I think I did okay. It was really awkward but I think I will get the hang of it. I will probably walk on my treadmill for about 30 minutes to up those calories but I feel good. Tomorrow may be another story, I think I am gonna hurt in places I didn't know I had.
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Good Morning Jammers! :flowerforyou:

I'm still waiting for my DVDs...but I'm going to jump on the thread and send good thoughts out there for an excellent week!
    :wink:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good morning Jammers. I had a great weekend as posted on the previous thread! I really burned some serious calories and did PK&J for the first time and loved it. Probably because not so many dance steps so I felt I was keeping up better, still quite the butt kicker!

I'm on tap for CP tonight and depending on how I feel maybe some Ab Jam. I'm pretty sore this morning but will work through it! :bigsmile:

Have a great day! :drinker:
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    New here....need help with the abbreviations what are PK&J and CP?
  • megan0313
    Options
    New here....need help with the abbreviations what are PK&J and CP?
    PK&J is Punch, Kick and Jam. You may not have that one depending on which package you have. It's also a cardio workout, but not quite as "dancey". CP is Cardio Party...there are 3 of them...CP1, CP2, CP3. On the 2 DVD set you'll have CP1. You get pretty much the same workout with all of them, it's just nice to have some variety. If you decide that you want to add to your collection, you can get additional DVDs at amazon.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I had a....mixed weekend. Saturday we went to see Shoshone falls....it's supposedly the Niagara Falls of the West. Did a lot of walking and ate pretty good. Sunday was the exact opposite. I sat around and did nothing and ate CRAP!! Seriously I had peanuts and M&Ms for dinner! I don't know what my deal was but the scale reflected my poor choices. So I really gonna have to kick it in gear today. Not sure which workout today...probably CP1 and Ab Jam.

wildkat and janet-good job on your workouts this weekend.

Welcome to the Newbies. I really believe you will love your workouts and you will love this thread.

Christy-How much longer until your videos show up? Are you getting excited?

Deedun, Kelly, Sara, and any others I may have missed I hope you will check in this week. We miss your lovely faces!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi,

My videos will be here by the end of the week since I ordered over the weekend.
    I can relate to having a weekend with some 'interesting' food choices.

I was in Los Angeles for a week - had mini chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, mexican food, mom's home cooking and desserts for Easter...Yummm!

When I got back the scale was not happy to see me. But, I am back on my A-game. And you are too by the looks for the great progress you've made with your weight loss goals!!!

WooooHoooo :glasses: :flowerforyou: :wink: :smile: :happy:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey fellow jammers!!

Well I managed to survive the weekend in the city .. however I managed to catch a nasty cold! Grr!! Oh well .. so I need a day or two to rest up .. then its back at my Turbo Jam!!:sick:

Hope you all had a great weekend!! I had a blast at Old Navy .. I didn't go crazy as I am hoping to lose even more weight so I will save that big shopping trip for later!:laugh:

Well hope to hear from you all later .. and its nice to see all the new faces on here! Turbo Jam really kicks butt!!:bigsmile:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hey Becky!
    Nice to see you back...it's been really quiet around here lately! Glad you had a nice trip...sorry you're sick though. Get better soon so you can get back to jammin'!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Ok I have a simple question .. do you guys have to add your ticker everytime you make a comment?? If not .. how on earth do you get it to show everytime .. ??

131277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    Go to your ticker and copy the info then go to settings and signature and paste it there.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Jammers,
    Beautiful, sunny and thankfully "dry"day here in Texas, LOL!! Glad to see everyone bringing it and ready for another challenging week! Started the day off w/ CP2, perfect for MOnday because I just love , love the step and the music on that one and got my gear on and headed downstairs for 20min and AB Jam b4 dinner.
    Beeks- sorry youve got the crud and hope you're better soon:flowerforyou:
    Christy- Thanks for the well wishes!! you'll be with us jamming away soon!

Drevans - M & M and Peanuts!! My Fav!! Girl, you'll be back on track in no time! I know you can do it:drinker:

Megan - Good for you w/ PK and J!! You were the one who got me on to it and it really is a great calorie burn! I have got to get that booty sculpt ~ mine could sure use a little sculpting,:laugh:

We'll I'm back after it - better get going before I lose my willingness:bigsmile:

Janet:heart:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello Jammers! I did CP1 and AJ tonight. It gets more fun each time as I get better at the moves. I was able to put more energy into it since I didn't have to concentrate so hard on what I was doing. :blushing: I ended burning more calories this time then the last time I did it! :drinker:

Now I've got to find something light to eat, I'm starved! :bigsmile:
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    NEW TO THE SITE.. TURBOJAMMERS? I GUESS IT IS A WORK OUT.. SOUNDS FUN.. WHERE DO I GET THE DVD'S? THANX , TONYA
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry I've been MIA again. Still trying to get over the crud and my back has been bothering me. It's better today so I will try to do CP1 today. It's pretty unusual for my back to hurt. I am blaming it on the 5 pounds I gained while being sick for the last six weeks. :grumble: But it's probably something else.
    Hello to the newbies, and hello to the familiar faces! I will try to check back in more often!
    MM
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    NEW TO THE SITE.. TURBOJAMMERS? I GUESS IT IS A WORK OUT.. SOUNDS FUN.. WHERE DO I GET THE DVD'S? THANX , TONYA

You can get them directly from beachbody.com or Amazon.com
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    naugusty-I love your little quote about cookies and chocolate...I use that one all the time :laugh:

I did CP3 yesterday. I really was feeling like working out and since I love that one so much I was hoping it would pump me up and put me in the mood. Well DD wasn't cooperating yesterday so it took me 70 minutes to do a 40 minute workout!! But I finished (I won't share with you my sanity level by the time it was over :explode: ) plus I got 4 miles of walking in yesterday. Food choices weren't the greatest again yesterday but oh well. I'm hoping to get to the store today and pick up some much needed fruits and veggies. I also need to go shopping for my "birthday night out" outfit :happy: Hubs gave me permission last night :love: :smooched: Love that man!

I bought some free weights over the weekend. Some little 2 and 3 pounders, but I figure something is better than nothing.

Great job on all your workouts everyone. Wildkat -good to hear it's getting easier already.

Becky glad you enjoyed your shopping spree.
    MM good to see you. Sorry you've been under the weather.

I'm off for now. Enjoy your day!