All girls 5'1" .... please post pics and journey success sto

Options

Replies

• bluedee77
    Options
    Wow congrads to all of you.I'm 5'1 and I'm 195..the smallest I've been is 150 but this time around i want to get to at least 130.I can't wait to do my before and after pics...I need the encouragement ladies so feel free to to friend so we can battle this together.:)
  • bluedee77
    Options
    You look amazing..
  • Norms2156
    Options
    I'm a shorty too! 5 feet tall and the weight I was before was too much for my body. I started in March of this year at 188 lbs and have lost 25 lbs up to date. I got stuck these past months and now I am here for some motivation. I know that we can do it!!! Keep it up!!!
  • redneckbettie
    redneckbettie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 :) Does that disqualify me? LOL
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love this thread - so motivating for us shorties!!!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg

Hi there!! You look amazing and give me hope! I feel like we have the same body shape...how much did you weigh in the first picture? I am also 5'2" and I was at 148 and now I'm down to 130/129...what have you been doing for exercising? Thanx and congrats on your weight loss!!

Thank you!

I'm really excited about this change and I'm still going! In the BEFORE pic I weighed approx. 140 (after 138 I refused to get on the scale for awhile) in the AFTER pic I was at 121.5 (on 11/5) today I'm at 120 but basically look the same.

I work out at an outdoor bootcamp 3xs a week for 60 minutes which consists or cardio (laps, stairs, hills), circuit training (jump squats, push ups, up hill bear crawls, burpees, etc.), and abs (crunches, planks, leg lifts, etc). Sometimes I do it twice a day and mix in other things running, kickboxing, yoga., I aim to burn about 2000 calories per week if not more but am hardly ever in the gym or lifting weights. This week I start weight-lifting. In addition to the bootcamp I did a 90 day Visalus Challenge, basically this protein shake mix that I used a a meal replacement. I would take 2 a day (1 for bkfst in a yogurt smoothie and one either post work out or snack) feel free to look at my food diary its open. Other than that just the standard lots of water and clean eating (lots of protein, low carb, low sugar) and supergreen food supplement.

Thanks again for the kudos, sometimes I still feel like I have a ways to go but its because I forget how far I've come!

You are truly inspirational!! I've been on here since March but have been stuck in a plateau for FIVE months. It's super frustrating, but seeing hard work like yours really keeps me in check. =)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Great thread for shorties! :laugh: I'm 5' on the nose and have lost 45lbs total so far! Have about 30 more to go......WoooHooo!!!!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Everyone here should join the verical challengers group!
  • janett9802
    Options
    Hi everyone...I just found this site today and SOOOO excited I did. I'm 5'1 at 180lbs and really need to do something about it. I've never really tried to workout and diet for more then 2-3 weeks before I gave up but now that I'm 30 the number just keeps getting higher and higher. I need to take care of it now before it's completely out of hand. All of you seem to be so motivated and encouraging. Please add me cuz I could really use new friends and support. :bigsmile:
  • lims77
    Options
    bump
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic!!! You look great. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)
    I am 5' 1.5".

Before... March 2011. Almost 190lbs
    2011march-1.jpg

During... early October
    2011-10-02a.jpg

After... will be taking that one in a few months :) I'm not there yet!
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" :bigsmile:

My pics in my profile are all afters. I've lost 38LB I think? I don't have any pics of myself at my heaviest, but I assure you that you can do this! And you can still look great.

I lied...
    this is me at 143 probably compared to at 133
    100_6980.jpg4868132_2943.jpg

And this too. I couldn't close that shirt up so I wore a tank top under it. Now it buttons comfortably and I can pull those shorts off

without unbuttoning them! I don't have a pic in that, but here's a recent one of me so you can compare the size of my legs LOL
    100_6960.jpg100_8589.jpg

You look like colbie caillat! :)
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg

You look incredible!

OMG! You look amazing! Im pretty much your size now and want to get to your after pic! Im finding it hard knowing how much/how little to eat and how much and what types of excercise to do!

Any Advice?
    x
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg

You look incredible!

OMG! You look amazing! Im pretty much your size now and want to get to your after pic! Im finding it hard knowing how much/how little to eat and how much and what types of excercise to do!

Any Advice?
    x

* im your before size now.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This thread was exactly what I needed this morning because I'd just about given up. I was exercising, eating correctly with no results... my doctor even said maybe my body wanted to be this weight :noway: but seeing these results gives me motivation to keep on truckin no matter what!
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm 5'2"

You look incredible!

Any Advice?
    x

* im your before size now.

[/quote]

Thank you!

I'm really excited about this change and I'm still going! In the BEFORE pic I weighed approx. 140 (after 138 I refused to get on the scale for awhile) in the AFTER pic I was at 121.5 (on 11/5) today I'm at 120 but basically look the same.

I work out at an outdoor bootcamp 3xs a week for 60 minutes which consists or cardio (laps, stairs, hills), circuit training (jump squats, push ups, up hill bear crawls, burpees, etc.), and abs (crunches, planks, leg lifts, etc). Sometimes I do it twice a day and mix in other things running, kickboxing, yoga., I aim to burn about 2000 calories per week if not more but am hardly ever in the gym or lifting weights. This week I start weight-lifting. In addition to the bootcamp I did a 90 day Visalus Challenge, basically this protein shake mix that I used a a meal replacement. I would take 2 a day (1 for bkfst in a yogurt smoothie and one either post work out or snack) feel free to look at my food diary its open. Other than that just the standard lots of water and clean eating (lots of protein, low carb, low sugar) and supergreen food supplement.

Thanks again for the kudos, sometimes I still feel like I have a ways to go but its because I forget how far I've come!
    [/quote]

Be patient. When I first started I was so motivated and energized that I thought I could reach my goal within weeks if I worked really hard. Then I started training and talking to trainers and realized that it would actually take MONTHS. By nature I'm not very patient so when I heard from experienced trainers that it would take about 6 months to really see a difference I thought I was doomed and that I would surely give up by then. But at that point I was already 3 months in so I decided to keep doing what I was doing to see if they were right, and guess what, they were!

Its easy to get frustrated and lose focus but I realized that if I tried to do something drastic and lose too fast that I would gain it back just as fast. Just like most people say, there is no magic pill or formula, but if you want to change your body you do have to change your lifestyle first. See above for what worked for me and feel to reach out any time. I'll keep posting as I progress along as well.
  • supergeorge08
    supergeorge08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    omg, is that a UW-whitewater shirt?! def. went there! looking great too!
  • supergeorge08
    Options
  • supergeorge08
    Options
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    Great photos! Thank you for sharing ladies! I'm 5.2, currently 156 and looking to get to 115-120 so I have a ways to go. I hope to have the same success as all you ladies. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!