Please help, feel self destructive.

Options
2»

Replies

• gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This incredible journey that you're on is full of ups and downs and I bet you'll doubt yourself and or want to throw in the towel more than 50% along the way. Cherish your accomplishment and let yourself be proud of your success and celebrate this every day... life events are out of your control, and you might want to find someone trustworthy to talk to, if not, seek professional counseling if necessary. I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, but I know that you will get right back into groove again. If you can achieve the incredible weight loss, you have the confidence to overcome anything! Keep it up, girl!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I would suggest calling a good friend and venting. I know that I tend to eat when I am bored, stressed, etc and what seems to help me is to talk to someone else and get my mind occupied with other things. Also, maybe pick up a book or magazine to keep your hands and mind occupied. Grab a big glass of ice water and indulge yourself in some other way. A bubble bath, hot shower, paint your nails, try a new makeup look, anything that will make you feel pampered other then eating. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. HUGS

Very very sweet, and made me laugh... "I would suggest calling a good friend and venting." This is the start of the end of any marriage, but very sweet!
    I don't drink, but seeing how you guys are being so helpful has uplifted my mood, I will drink my whey protein and go out for a morning swim.
  • LynnMichelleB
    LynnMichelleB Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Call a friend, and go for a nice relaxing walk, get away from the house. Just to get your mind off everything. You don't have to go spend hours in a gym, just get away from the temptation, and I have always found that venting to someone helps. Hope this helps, and keep up the good work. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Crikey, you have lost more than 100 lbs and you are asking the community for help? You are one of mfps top performers!! You put my puny loss in the shade.

You know that a day, or two, or even a week doesnt matter a damn in the grand scheme of things. Keep on doing what you have been doing, and dont sweat the small stuff.
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    *Hug* I really hope you are ok. How about taking some you time. A nice relaxing bath with lavender always makes my troubles feel less. Im here if u ever need to talk :)
  • Teazybabee
    Options
    Take time to pray and think about all the blessings you have. God blessed you to wake up this morning, when unfortunetly, some other's did not. And you have come so far in your journey. What ever is going on in your life right now is a stepping stone to something greater. You just have to step over it.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    First, congrats on your huge accomplishment!!! You clearly worked so hard to get where you are and you must be fighter! So, I'm sure you can conquer the feelings that were brought on by whatever news you got today. I don't know you, but your ticker tells me that you can! Second, food won't bring the kind of comfort you need right now. Get away from the temptation. Go out and walk and appreciate the strong muscles you worked so hard to achieve. Be grateful for all that you have given yourself. And if you want to treat yourself, go out and do it properly. You deserve the best!
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    please go take a bubble bath- or get a pedicure- you have made such amazing progress- and really need to not beat yourself up for feeling like taking a mental health day- we do it at work and school. You deserve to do some nice stuff for yourself that isnt going to sabotage your progress. you tube videos of baby aimals- something to make yourself laugh- but please dont beat yourself up.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    depends on what you mean by self destructive. if you mean you want to eat a little extra, that's OK. we're all entitled to that. if you have a history with cutting, for example, then call someone who knows your history. don't isolate.... xoxo.

IT is not like that at all, just eating a little too much and unhealthily. I do love my self and my husband very much.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I love all your advice, and thank you very much..

Honestly I am new to the east coast, my friends are on the west coast and my family is over seas. Now I consider you guys my support system. Thank you very much for being there for me.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    depends on what you mean by self destructive. if you mean you want to eat a little extra, that's OK. we're all entitled to that. if you have a history with cutting, for example, then call someone who knows your history. don't isolate.... xoxo.

Couldn't agree more. If you struggle with literally keeping yourself physcally safe, ask for help! i struggled for many years with self-harm. isolation is the worst thing for it. i am so happy to see you reaching out to people here but try getting out for an hour or two with someone in "real" life. Take yourself to a park and swing for a few minutes. you can't frown when you're swinging, it's impossible. be kind to yourself because you deserve it. You've come so far. dig deep and remember the reasons that made you lose weight in the first place. you can do this. breathe deep!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Have a beer and take the day off.
    Come back tomorrow and be better.

This is how I deal with super-bad news ... I don't get tanked.. I have one beer (such as many people will have a glass of wine .. it's a mental relaxation more than a chemical one) ... and I take a day off to regroup.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I wanted to update you guys on my status now, I am feeling much better. I have decided to ignore what I can not change,a nd worry about it when I can do something to change it.
    I am so worried about gaining back what I have lost, and tempted to eat everything I have been depriving my self of. For example cheese cake and croissants, chocolate and ice cream. I haven't had these items for nearly a year now.
    Even though I have reached my goal I still want to wait till at least 5 weeks have past with my being at my goal before indulging. I feel to reach a goal is difficult but doable, but to maintain that goal is the hardest thing.
    For now I am working hard to maintain my weight loss and it is very important to me.
    As for hurting my self physically or anything like that, thankfully I have never had those problems.

So the worst thing I will do to my self is eat chocolate.
  • Kahiapo
    Kahiapo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When life's strong winds come blowing, bend with them and let go. By bending, you will become stronger in new places. By letting go, you will be making room for the new and the better. - Karen Salmansohn
  • julieclaussen
    Options
    Hello just wanted to say I know how hard this is. My mom died in April and everything went to crap. You have to fight for your health and progress. You have to believe that if you aren't healthy nothing else really matters. Nothing. Job, friends, family, spouse, etc. How can you be there for those people if you aren't healthy?

Don't fall into the trap of saying you have done good enough already and this bad news is an excuse. Excuses breed excuses breed excuses... You just have to believe that your health is the most important thing in your life, even if sometimes it may seem it isn't or shouldn't be. I have lived for years being guilty for working out and spending time and money on my health and that is so wrong.

I wish you much success in working through this challenge, you can do it!!!

I'm with Eddie! Great advise!! Hang in there.
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just take a moment and see if u can find something new to do in the west coast that would give u the motivation u need right now... Maybe a walk in a park will get u some fresh air and give u time to adjust to ur new place. Who knows u just might find the spark ur looking for. Best of luck
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    When I have a down day, I go and rent movies and make popcorn. You can pick any kind of genre to help pick you up and the popcorn doesn't pack very many calories (as long as you don't add a ton of butter or salt!). I'd also go with chocolate! Heck, you could melt some Hersey's kisses and pour it over the popcorn; giving you a salty & sweet snack! What ever you do, just keep in mind that you've overcome numerous obstacles already to accomplish your 110lbs weight loss. You have the strength to overcome this as well, you just need time.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Firstly, as you are maintaining, it really doesn't matter if you have the odd day off and eat what you want, as long as it's rare. Not weekly.

Secondly, on the other hand, eating will make you feel worse, not better, and diving into food for comfort is a terrible and counter productive idea. If you really can't face working out, which I understand, have a cup of tea and go to bed. You'll feel better after sleeping.
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    go and have some me time, hot bubble bath with soft music,

or get your best friend round for a coffee,

or sit and look through all your old pics and just remind yourself you have come a long way,