Any other non veggie liking people out there?

Options
I am looking for anyone else who is out there who doesn't like vegetables?? I am such a picky eater it isn't funny.

I eat lettuce (used to be only iceberg, but now will eath others) and corn (I know this is actually considered a starch). I do cook with some veggies, onion, peppers, tomatoes......but will only eat them if they are cut up super small and cooked super soft.

Just wondering how other people who eat like this do it while losing weight?? I have always said if I liked veggies how much easier food choices would be. LOL Any help would be gladly accepted!!

Replies

• woohoochk
    woohoochk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am like you...don't like too many vegetables, however I will eat about 10 stalks of celery a day with the laughing cow light cream cheese, that I do like!
  • gwenneh
    gwenneh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have never been a happy veggie person myself! :) It does make it difficult to lose weight, but I'll never look at a salad and think "ooh yum!"
  • HLaRochelle
    Options
    My suggestion would be to try some new veggies that you haven't before and see if you can find a new favourite :)
  • gnlglory
    Options
    I don't eat any veggies, can't stand the taste of any. I do like salad, but rarely eat it. But I just stick to my calories 1200 and I've had no trouble losing weight!

Good Luck!! You're not alone!! :)
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I used to be. I actually drink a shake that gives me my vegetables for the day, but tastes like DESSERT! Can't beat that!:love:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love veggies -- but I found out how to get some picky kids to eat more veggies!
    I make them into puree ---its easy and they can use it to dip their chicken in or other things.

I just cook 2 bags of frozen veggies until soft (like peas & cauliflower) then I toss them into a food processor.
    I add some fage 0% greek yogurt ( for more protein boost, creamy texture) some low sodium chick stock and then spices - sometimes just pepper lowrey's or whatever you like. Puree until creamy and voila. There are tons of recipes to make veggie puree on the internet -- start with veggies you like and then add some that are better for you.
  • emmalouise21
    Options
    I HATE vegetables, the only salad i like as well is lettuce and cucumber and green giant sweetcorn. I stick to calories and am slowly but surely losing weight, Good luck!! :)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    same here. I try to incorporate as much veggies as I can in my meals, I do alot of stir fry type meals. In the morning I always drink a serving of either v8 fusion or bolthouse farms' green goodness, both contain veggies. and just this last week I discovered barleen's greens powder, it is all kinds of wonderful greens ground up, I mix it with hot water and it's like drinking soup broth.
  • RB12000
    Options
    Hey there,

I am not huge on veggies either, but I try to get 'em in while I can. If you have a Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation restaurant nearby, go for lunch or dinner sometime. Their salads are amazing, as are their soups (and bread, and desserts ect haha); but I have tried several veggies in things by going there that I never thought I would try.

:wink:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Veggies is not one of your macros, so I don't see what the big deal is. Take a greens supplement if you're concerned about the overall health benefits, but strictly from a weight loss standpoint, the lack of veggies shouldn't matter much.

I eat virtually no fruits or vegetables and haven't had any trouble putting on or taking off weight.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I never liked veggies growing up...come to find out I just didn't like the frozen or canned kind. If you get them fresh and cook them right, they can be very delicious!
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    *raising hand* lol:drinker:
    me me
    I don't like veggies either.:sad:
    everyone else in my family LOVES them LOL
    and I can really cook them in a huge number of ways I just don't eat them myself :noway:

You can add me as a friend if you like, :flowerforyou:
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there! When I started trying to eat healthier two years ago, my doc suggested I keep trying veggies that I was convinced I hated every couple of weeks. Your taste buds really do change every couple of weeks so you never know! I also tried eating some veggies with my eyes closed. When I couldn't see them, I didn't automatically think, "I'm not eating that, I don't like____" Eventually, you retrain yourself to like certain things. It didn't work with everything but I can actually eat broccoli now without gagging.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I used to be. I actually drink a shake that gives me my vegetables for the day, but tastes like DESSERT! Can't beat that!:love:

wait what shake is this? lol
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big veggie person either. Some things you can do are make smoothies and add the veggies in there, but use more fruit to taste better. Baby spinach is actually pretty tasteless when blended into smoothies. Also there is a cook book called sneaky chef which tells you what veggies to puree and blend in certain foods so you won't even notice. I think they even had one where you hide spinach in brownies, lol! Not like brownies will help in the weight loss journey, but it's just interesting to see how they sneak veggies into certain foods, ;)
  • angies1smile
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE vegetables!!! My problem is, I'm not a big meat lover and know I need that protein! :ohwell:
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    For the past two years I have tossed veggies aside. I am sick of cooking. I dont eat them raw except salad greens. I've heard so much about people will not be healthy if they dont eat veggies, and how the body will just mess up or shut down without veggies. I have proven that statement wrong. if its in a soup, i eat them, but my fav soup is campbells chicken noodle - no veggies in there. however i do drink V8 ever so often, mixed with a little Mr.&Mrs. T bloody mary mix. my meals consist of protein bars, shakes, chicken, fish, beans, cheese, pumpernickle bread. If i drop dead, I guess that will be the reason. I think you can be healthy without them, this is a new age here.
  • azcharli
    Options
    I H A T E vegetables!! with a passion!! I NEVER touched them and when I did they made me gag. Then I discovered vitamiix!! Now I eat my daily fruits and veggies by the truck load and Love, love, love them. I do disguise them is shakes but hey, who cares as long as you get them in your diet and you like them.. check out my diary.. I must eat 12 cups of spinach a day along with cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, blueberries, bananas, cabbage, tomatoes, you name it I toss it in.. I have even learned to LOVE salads. I even surprise myself. By the way, I started with a regular blender and became so obsessed I bought myself a top of the line Vitamix.. WOOT WOOT.. Good luck!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    me me me! *raises hand and jumps up and down*

I never have and never will love veggies... The only ones I eat are corn, potatoes, lettuce, and carrots. Lettuce and Carrots only go in my salad.. and I don't eat salad that often either.

Can't stand tomatoes.. think they are disgusting, yet I'll eat tomato soup/sauce/ketchup.

I like onions on things like burgers and hot dogs.. but thats about it.

I tried to jump on the veggie band wagon(esp cause fruit has so much sugar) but I just can't do it!
  • ashleycat23
    Options
    I've been trying more things since going healthy, but most veggies still taste horrible to me. :p

I continue to be a picky eater. :/