2»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    It was a compliment.
  • julieclaussen
    Options
    Ur not alone!!! My husband's family said the same thing to me. I chose to ignore it and reminded myself this journey was about me and growing old to see my grandkids grow old. U keep up ur hard work. No one but YOU accomplished your weight loss. Be proud and wear that body well!!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    This is something people I am close to joke about all the time....I never thought to be insulted....just like people telling me I'll get pregnant with triplets as soon as we adopt....it's not like they are wishing that on you....just sharing some irony.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    As a man, if some family member came up to me and said "dude, you're losing so much weight, you're going to get a ton of trim and get someone preggo!" I'd laugh my skinny (but toned) *kitten* off.
  • springflowers
    Options
    Should have given them a great big hug and said something really, really nice or complimentary back to them. Turn their negative into a positive. Unfortuneately, some people don't have anything nice to say....period.
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Actually after having my third child I decided to try nursing the baby and I ended up thinner then before I got pregnant. I mean I had never looked that good ever! So... so much for peoples insults! I agree that the people who are closes to you are simply jealous.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I see you lost 76lbs, there's just no way you can gain that while pregnant. Well I'm a guy but I'm pretty sure you can't even get close to gaining that.. I never heard of anyone gain 76lbs through pregnancy :laugh:
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!! I did smile and keep it moving but it did bother me inside and stayed on my mind 4 a lil bit, just wish people would just say wow u look great and keep it at that! I still have another 25lbs or so to lose so im just gonna take that negativity and apply that to my workouts whenever i feel like giving up ( which i plan on not doing)!! thx for all the postive feedback!! XO
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I had a 'friend' tell me she couldn't wait for me to get pregnant and hoped I had triplets and ended up beng huge! She's alwaya 'on a diet' but eats crap all the time. I know she's jealous coz I've lost a lot but she's still the same weight