How often do you weigh in?

Options
It's been debated and of course there are conflicting studies that say weighing yourself often helps weight loss and vice versa. I know I fluctuate A LOT so I'm not sure really what works for me. I think I'm going to start weighing myself once a week and see how it goes. What do you do?

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning right before I take a shower. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Officially, once a week is best for consistency but I like doing it daily so that I can have a crazy weight chart map on my app, ha ha!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning...around the same time....
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    every sunday morning, straight after a visit to the loo :smile:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Officially, once per week. Saturday mornings when I get up, right after my morning bathroom routine.

Although, I do peek from time to time! Just to get an idea of how the week is going.
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning.
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For myself...every Friday morning before breakfast! :)
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, I measure once a month. It helps with the numbers on the scale being lower to see even if I am not losing a ton of weight I am still shrinking in some way.
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I only do it once a week, but of course once in a while i have to step on the scale and see how I am doing.

If you weigh daily then you need to be ready to see lots of ups and downs.

Week weigh ins give you a firmer idea of what you are losing each week.

:smile:
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh Friday mornings. Once a week is best for me because if I see the numbers fluctuating..I get frustrated!
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the 1st and 15th of every month. I try to focus more on how i feel and how my clothes fit but me and the scale have never been close friends so...
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    not often enough. weekly really is better. but i chicken out, then next time i finally do a possible 1 lb gain turned into 3. so though its bad to everday, to much fluctuation, it is good to weekly.
  • gemini0007
    gemini0007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Officially, once per week. Saturday mornings when I get up, right after my morning bathroom routine.

Although, I do peek from time to time! Just to get an idea of how the week is going.

This ^^^^^
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    To me, more important than how often, is to weigh-in at a consistent time of day, and with no clothing.

This is because your weight naturally flutuctates over the day.

I weigh myself several times a week, but always in the morning when I wake up and do my normal bathroom routine.
    I have not had events of huge variations doing it this way, and I can track my weight loss almost every day !!
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    I like weighing myself every morning! it just keeps me on track.
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    At least once a day. Usually twice, sometimes 3 times. I'm a little obsessed! :bigsmile: By weighing daily, I feel encouraged if the scale is going down and determined if it is going up! Officially, I weigh in once a week, though.
  • nickiw68
    Options
    I've put my scales away, as my weight was hardly moving...I weighed in on 1st November and won't do it again til 1st December.

I kept getting disheartened when my weight kept fluctuating.
  • javalyd
    javalyd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh Monday morning after the morning routine and before having breakfast...so once a week is good....
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning right before I take a shower. :)

I do the EXACT same! I feel that Friday is the best.. I can un-do any weekend damage all week! it also designates whether or not I can have a 'cheat' day.. If I lose a little bit I feel like I can! ha
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Officially, once a week is best for consistency but I like doing it daily so that I can have a crazy weight chart map on my app, ha ha!

I do this too! My weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds in a week between given days, so I was worried about getting on the scales once a week on a heavy day. I now try to weigh every day. I don't always log it, sometimes, I forget, but I make note of it for tomorrow.