Diet Sodas

Options
Is it bad to drink alot or diet coke, coke zero, pepsi max.. etc? I feel that i crave the carbonation and its the only substitute i like besides pop. I'm trying to drink more water though.

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 diet cokes a day. Calorie wise, its no calories and no sugar. The only downfall is the artifical sweetner and caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant but when it wears off, it makes me hungry.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is just as bad for you as regular soda, just in different ways. If it's just the carbonation you crave, try drinking carbonated water!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Carbonation will make you bloated, but it isn't going to effect your fat loss

Good for you fo trying to get in some more water :]
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    These things have alot of chemicals you could probably do without. I'm trying to drink less of them by adding MiO to my water. I've avoided one diet soda today via this.

Some chemicals in sodas are calicum depleting so that's not good.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    There are a TON of stuff, horrible stuff in diet soda. Hair, bones, you name it, it's probably in it. In all honesty, you're probably better off drinking regular soda, getting the calories than ingesting that.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    You're going to get tons of advice on this. I try to drink 8-10 (8 oz) glasses of water a day. Yes, I have a diet coke or diet dr pepper a few times a week. No more than 3 a week usually. :smile:
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking alots, the fur tends to stick in my throat....

j/k

I allow myself one can a day
    If you're after fizz, why not try soda water with some fresh juice?
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    To tell the truth, BEST thing I ever gave up was diet soda! (Never drank regular soda)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    There are a TON of stuff, horrible stuff in diet soda. Hair, bones, you name it, it's probably in it. In all honesty, you're probably better off drinking regular soda, getting the calories than ingesting that.

I don't think regular soda is all that great either.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Personally I think it is bad, I use to drink diet pop all the time until I realized its not good because of the aspartame. Aspartame is what's used to sweeten it and its not good for you. I love drinking water, add a slice of lime and lemon to it or even cucumber, it tastes great.

Pop in general is bad for you.

Read this and you'll understand: http://aspartame.mercola.com/
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    yep
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    i drink carbonated water when i crave something fizzy.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and research what the asartame in it is doing to your body. Then you can make your own decision as to if you should drink it or not. I would rather have 150 calories than be poisoned.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    O god!!!

No, You will not die, get fat, become lazy, eat more, or give birth to aliens from drinking it. This is a lose/lose questions around here. If you crave it, it is WAY better than the regular. Or treat yourself to one regular soda a week.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking alots, the fur tends to stick in my throat....

j/k

I allow myself one can a day
    If you're after fizz, why not try soda water with some fresh juice?

LOL! Nice hyperbole and a half reference. Ten internets to you!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20075358-10391704.html

I drink my 8 glasses of water and if I want a soda, I drink a regular soda, but only 1!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    OMG DONT DO IT!! Diet soda has beem linked to so many horrible things,you will get prostate cancer even if you are not a guy,I know I read it in the book skinny b*tch.Also everytime you drink diet soda a cute fluffy bunny dies a slow and painfull death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really you should be fine unless you are one of those people that are senstive to aspartamine then you might get a headache or tummy issues
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and research what the asartame in it is doing to your body. Then you can make your own decision as to if you should drink it or not.

Link is up on my earlier post.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    O god!!!

No, You will not die, get fat, become lazy, eat more, or give birth to aliens from drinking it. This is a lose/lose questions around here. If you crave it, it is WAY better than the regular. Or treat yourself to one regular soda a week.

Thank you! :flowerforyou: