Hurt Foot - Exercise Ideas?

Options
Well I seem to have done something to my foot and it HURTS! I can walk on it but it's painful. It seems that when I move my big toe that the top part of my foot hurts.

Anyone got some cardio exercises not using my feet please? I've got a rowing exerciser thingy but I can only do 5-10 minutes of that. Usually I walk and do a lot on my aerobic step but they're both out of the window at the moment, I don't want to make the injury worse.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    if you can... swimming, it was the best thing I could do when I hurt my foot.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    ive injured my foot so im focusing on exercise i can do on the floor - if you want some cardio try pilates :) if your foot only hurts when you put pressure on it pilates should be fine.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    shadow boxing can be a great burn
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    With a foot or leg injury I never underestimate the amount of cardio you can fit in from your upper body alone. Fast-paced punching combos can work wonders to get your heart rate up and really burn through those calories. If you can stand on your foot (with it properly wrapped to protect it) than it works even better, but if not floor exercise will get the job done as well. And someone already mentioned it but if you have access to a pool, even one at your local gym, that's a great and fun way to protect your injury while really workout well.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    lift weights
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    core work, arms/back, shoulders, neck.... get better soon!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels always talks about fast punches being a really good way to do upperbody cardio. I was thinking about it, though, and i think that if you spend the time easing up a little on cardio and really rocking out on strength moves (really working your core, lots of back and shoulders, and mat work with leg lifts and pilates, stuff like that) you will build so much good muscle that when your toe is back in order your cardio will be worth double the effort!!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    visit the dentist with minimal anaesthetic - really gets the HR up!

</kidding>
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you've really helped!!