Starting again

Options
Hello,
I am 48 years old, and I have lost some weight over the past few years. (280 to 233) But I have been stuck here for quite some time. I go down a few (once to 220) then back to here. Actually, this weight is probably a good average for my adult life.

I admit I believe I am scared to lose it. For several reasons. But I need to for many more.

Am I the only one that is this wishy washy?? LOL :laugh:

Replies

• galsal
    galsal Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 48 years old, and I have lost some weight over the past few years. (280 to 233) But I have been stuck here for quite some time. I go down a few (once to 220) then back to here. Actually, this weight is probably a good average for my adult life.

I admit I believe I am scared to lose it. For several reasons. But I need to for many more.

Am I the only one that is this wishy washy?? LOL :laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome:flowerforyou:
  • galsal
    Options
    Thank you so much! :happy:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Goodluck and you can do whaever you set your mind too...

dd
  • Sarie
    Sarie Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi... I am the same. I am so WEIRD. I want to do it but find myself with chips in my hand and cookies on my plate. I want it but have this angst about it. Maybe I have tried and failed so many times that I don't trust myself. I need a support group - and I hope this is the one I am looking for... good luck to you, sal.
    :heart:
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here is an opinion: I understand that you may be scared to lose more weight than what you have already. Even at 220 it is still an unhealthy weight. Those are extra pounds that at your age can be dangerous. Many problems can arise from that. Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and many other diseases there may be to affect the heart! Only YOU can make the decision whether or not you want to lose more weight. I see MANY benefits to losing a few extra pounds. It could be a few extra years on your life to spend with your loved ones and you would feel more energetic and better about yourself.

You have only one :heart: ! Take care of it!
  • galsal
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!

:happy:
  • galsal
    Options
    Good luck to you also. I know that food is my stress relief. And I have lots of stress!! Wish I could find another outlet! :laugh:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: When I was working, first truck driving and then factory work, I weighed about 200pounds and didn't look bad I was more muscle then. Raising my two daughters alone and the type of work I done, I felt I need the extra weight to do anything I needed to protect myself and daughters. And to be very honest no one ever messed with me. The other girls at work would cry to me that the men were grabbing at them in places they shouldn't. One only tried it once and it was the last. I was liked and respected , we were good friends. Now that I am way over and not much muscle I know I couldn't defend my self as then. I'm not sure what your reason is for not wanting to be real thin as some are, and to be honest I got my weight down to 140pounds once and I just didn't feel very good. About 160 Is what I think I have always felt good at. Anyway good luck this site has helped me so far and people on here are the best.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here is an opinion: I understand that you may be scared to lose more weight than what you have already. Even at 220 it is still an unhealthy weight. Those are extra pounds that at your age can be dangerous. Many problems can arise from that. Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and many other diseases there may be to affect the heart! Only YOU can make the decision whether or not you want to lose more weight. I see MANY benefits to losing a few extra pounds. It could be a few extra years on your life to spend with your loved ones and you would feel more energetic and better about yourself.

You have only one :heart: ! Take care of it!
    Prettyinpink is so right about all the health problems that come from those extra pounds.:wink:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Good luck!:flowerforyou: