no appetite after the gym

Options
Ok peeps I need your help! I have recently joined they gym and have been going daily. I find that after the gym I have no appetite. So now I am suppose to be eating my calories(1670) plus my exercise calories(900) and I can't even eat my regular calories. Is this normal??

Replies

• foodeeee
    foodeeee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is your body's way of telling you it has sufficient nutrition? If it's becoming a problem try protein shakes or smoothies (my favorite is blueberries+espresso+peanut butter+protein powder)
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I literally have to force myself to eat at least half of the calories back and make it to at least eat my normal every day calories too. Who would've thought eating more food would be so difficult lol!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be normal for myself. If I'm not hungry I'm guessing I'd be either depressed or sick. What do you do at the gym?
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I generally feel energized after my workouts. I generally don't eat all of my calories, but I've never left the gym, not wanting to eat....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - I have the same problem.

I'm not hungry after any of my workouts regardless if it's morning or evening. The ones that concern me are my 6pm workout (get home at 8pm) I'm usually 900 cals below my recommended calories (including exercise), I do force myself to have something - usually protein. I just want to make sure I'm not sabotoging myself, my weight loss is starting to stall and I wonder if its because of that.
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am not hungry for couple hours, but then I am ravenous. Haha, do manage to stay well under my calories though.
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    It wouldn't be normal for myself. If I'm not hungry I'm guessing I'd be either depressed or sick. What do you do at the gym?

Right now I am doing 60 min on the treadmill and 30 min on the bike, gradually adding some of the weight machines in daily!
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    You need to eat after a workout. Your window is about 1 hour after a workout! That is the window where your body is fully open to utilize all the protein and nutrients you can give it post work out! I cannot eat right after a work out. I will go shower and do something else...but I always eat within an hour of my workout!
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am usually not hungry after working out depending on the workout. If it's cardio I'm not hungry; strength I am. Depending on my calorie amount that day I usually eat some lean protein or nothing.
  • foodeeee
    Options
    I'll add that I maintain my weight when I eat my exercise calories back, and I lose when I don't. As long as you are not hungry or feeling sluggish/sick then I don't think it's a problem.
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    I have eaten 455 of the 2500 calories today and I am not hungry at all. I know that I will have to eat something tonight for supper but there is no way I can eat 2000 calories or even 1200 to get to my regular amount
  • foodeeee
    Options
    Two words: avocado + spoon
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options

:happy: Ok I guess that is going to have to go on my grocery list for tomorrow. Do you eat them plain or do you make something with them?
  • foodeeee
    Options

:happy: Ok I guess that is going to have to go on my grocery list for tomorrow. Do you eat them plain or do you make something with them?

A little salt is all you need. I also love it as a spread on bread (w/ tomatoes, mustard, and red onion)
  • soarinup
    Options
    I feel that if someone does 60 minutes on a treadmill then gets on a bike for 30 minutes, they are not running fast enough, and not putting enough resistance on the bike. I see that a LOT at the Y. Men and women do it. they need to push themselves harder, not longer.
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    I feel that if someone does 60 minutes on a treadmill then gets on a bike for 30 minutes, they are not running fast enough, and not putting enough resistance on the bike. I see that a LOT at the Y. Men and women do it. they need to push themselves harder, not longer.

Well I have only been going to the gym for 1 week and I was told to ease into it. I walk at 4 miles per hour at an incline of 4 and on the bike i do up the resistance to level 5.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I never feel like eating after the gym, but I do kinda make myself eat dinner. If I don't eat dinner, I'll be hungry at 10pm and eat everything in site. So I rather eat something healthy then be a ravenous pig at 10pm.