Tried low calorie diet..

Options
Hi.. Has anyone tried the 900 calorie diet?? i found it on the search engine and there seems to be a lot of good feed back..

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Sounds unsafe and like a quick fix that will ultimately lead to regaining any weight lost.
  • nikkimee
    Options
    That what i thought too but alot are saying it really works and when you lose aweight you can keep it off
  • soarinup
    Options
    There is no quick way to permanent weight loss, period.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That what i thought too but alot are saying it really works and when you lose aweight you can keep it off

This is just another DIEt which is no good for your body at all. Eating only 900 calories a day is not teaching yourself to eat and live a healthy lifestyle. It is just starving yourself until the weight comes off.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If you permanently ate 900 calories a day, you'd lose weight and keep it off. Not sure how in the hell that's possible.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't go below 1200. Less than that is not good not to mention impossible for me.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You'll more than likely lose weight, but you'll be a raging b!tch in the process.
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    sounds HARD (ik, ik this isn't supposed to be EASY) and like you'd be setting yourself up for failure. At 900 cals I know I would be tired, grumpy, and sick most of the time. Heck, thats what I'm like at 1200. And you wouldn't be able to do fun workouts!
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You'll more than likely lose weight, but you'll be a raging b!tch in the process.

Lol exactly! Just stick to 1200 - it works and it's easier to follow. Much healthier for you as well!
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options

hahahaha RIGHT?!?!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Netting below 1200 calories isn't enough for your body to do normal functions like pumping blood and allowing you to breathe; it is extremely unhealthy. You will become sick, your body will literally shut down. If you care only about losing weight, go for it. If you want to be able to function normally, do it the healthy way.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Better make it 700 calories just to make sure it works.
  • lilbabiigurll
    Options
    I eat about 1000 Calories and work out AT LEAST 60 minutes a day, and I have actually done EXCELLENT! I have lost almost 10 pounds in the past 2 1/2 weeks, and have a routine of the times I eat and work out, && I only drink water! Everyone body is just different. So basically you wont really know how you will do unless you try it.

3046940.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1000 Calories and work out AT LEAST 60 minutes a day, and I have actually done EXCELLENT! I have lost almost 10 pounds in the past 2 1/2 weeks, and have a routine of the times I eat and work out, && I only drink water! Everyone body is just different. So basically you wont really know how you will do unless you try it.

We're talking about sustainable weight loss here. If you manage to eat a mere 1000 calories per day, work out HARD 60 minutes per day and continue to lose weight and have a high quality of life for the next 20 years, then you should write a book!!!

PS - I ate 862 calories for breakfast this morning.
  • Navmachine
    Options
    your not going to find anyone on here that will reccomend a diet that is below 1200 calories. it's been my findings that a person CAN lose weight very fast at first, and keep it off, but only on a diet that is maintainable. i'd be worried about a diet that is so few calories, a person would not be able to get as many nutrients as their body needs. remember that weight isnt the only indicator of health. you may get to be a slim 110 pounds, but if your hair is falling out, and your constantly sick, your diet still isnt a good one.

do alot of research, and look for diets that stress healthy foods, and not just calorie math.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea thats quite dangerous, I have mine set to 1200 thats low for a guy, But I am short, but 900 calories! thats just insane. Also I exercise a lot so I also eat my calories! Your body cannot enter starvation mode otherwise as soon as you lose it and start eating again you will gain it all back!

Its all about developing a healthy lifestyle and Healthy habits. You want a safe weight loss that way you will be able to maintain the change after it.

Also Drinking water is a MUST!!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Any of the fad diets that are out there will cause you to lose weight. The healthy thing to do is not "diet" but to changing your eating habits to healthy ones that you will be able to maintain for the rest of you life.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    Better make it 700 calories just to make sure it works.

:laugh: or better yet...............
  • nikkimee
    Options
    Thanks everyone but i was thinking maybe 900ncalories a day after exercise.. And only consuming that much for a period of one to two weeks and then taking it up to 1000 and then 1100 and then 1200 calories aday..
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at a specific "900 calorie diet" but, for most people, there's nothing wrong with going on a 900 calorie diet. Well, except on MFP where folks think that if you eat less than 1200 calories, you will die an agonizing death!

I ate 800 to 1000 net cals/day for seven months and lost 95 pounds.

http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm

I'm in excellent physical shape — bloodwork, checkups, stress EKG, V02 max, etc. Did a half marathon in August and have another one coming up on December 4.

There's nothing wrong with eating 1200 calories per day to lose weight. Lots of folks recommend that calorie level and I assume it's 'cause most people can eat that amount of food without getting too hungry and they will still gain weight. So, 1200 works. That does not mean that 1150 won't work and it doesn't mean that 1250 won't work.

Is 900 safe? From a dietary perspective, yes.

Why did I chose a low calorie diet when I wanted to lose weight?

Because it has a track record as a safe way to lose weight.

Will a 900 calorie diet work for you? I have no idea but I might suggest that you give it a try and see what happens.

Like my web page that shows my weight results, my diary is open for review.

Will you gain weight back if you lose weight quickly?
    That is completely up to you.

Will you gain weight back if you lose weight slowly?
    That is completely up to you.

A diet doesn't make people gain weight once they stop dieting - eating too much food makes people gain weight.

If you don't change your relationship with food, you will end your diet and revert to your old, unhealthy eating habits but that's not a problem with the diet. It's a problem with the person but it's easier to blame the diet than accept responsibility, doncha think?

900 calorie diet? Go for it!

My preference was a low calorie diet because I had a lot of weight to lose and because they work.

I tried it.

It worked.