my fitness coach

Options

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    ok, i have the wii fit and i just don't use it as i have no idea what i burn with it, however i do have a HRM that i guess i could use, just always run on my treadmill instead, i was thinking of getting my fitness coach but not sure how different it is from wii fit? if sosmeone could give me some more info on it i may have to buy it today when i go to the mall and then i'd be up for a challenege or something with the rest of you
  • koscar
    koscar Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi All,

I have My Fitness Coach and would love to participate in a challenge!
  • missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: woohooo..

did my first 30 min workout.. was sweating lolol.. nearly died with the pre-set up of my profile tho lol:laugh: but.. i have sucessfully completed my 100squat challenge 4 today.. thinking i may make a special ticket so i can keep track during the week :bigsmile:

im going to do 30 mins mon,wed, fri and 30 min sat, with MFC.:smile: Im gonnna focus initially on the cardio workouts to help shift the fat initially:laugh:

Its actually a fantastic game, i love the trainer, she is not repetative like wii fit, and its funky almost like a real cardio/areobics class. Im looking forward to getting new workout music unlocked! woohooo.. go me!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do you need the balance board?
  • missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: hey there, No, you dont need the balance board... well not from what ive seen. There is a range of fitness workouts cardio, strength etc and it gives full tutorial on any workout moves to ensure you are doing the moves correct, and to make sure you are getting the most outta the workout.

I have to say im very impressed with it, and i have lots of workout dvds, and this game beats them all hands down!:happy:
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    ok i bought this yesterday, going to try it out sometime today hopefully.

I also bought Gold's gym Cardio Workout...........anyone have this and do you like it??
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yay, people who love Maya! lol I have Yourself! Fitness for the PS2. It's pretty much the same as MFC but from what I can tell there are different environments and the progress screen is different. I'll be doing my 5th physical challenge in about 20 minutes. I'll post my beginning stats and current stats if anybody is interested. I started doing Y!F/MFC on March 2nd. My typical routine is to do core Monday and Thursday, lower body Tuesday and Friday, and upper body Wednesday and Saturday, resting Sundays.
  • koscar
    koscar Posts: 5
    Options
    I did Mya last night. I think I'm going to have to change the intensity a little though, and not just follow her recommendations. Maybe I'll do some Core training tomorrow--today is my day off. I definitely love MFC--great workout.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Maya is my new best friend. :love: Well, except for when she tries to kill me with lunges or crunches. :laugh:

I do 30-45 minutes most every day. I think someone asked about the calorie estimation you get at the end of the workout. Yes, it's usually way off from my HRM. I think they underestimate the calories, in case someone's just doing the workouts half-hearted and they'd rather have calories underestimated instead of overestimated. Does that make sense? That's the only reason I can think I can think of for why calories are so off.

As for the balance board, no, you don't need it. However, I use it as my stepper, cause I don't have one. I know it's not as tall as a "real" stepper, but I figure it's better than nothing!

I love working out at the tropical paradise. I just wish I could take Maya up on her offer of hitting the beach afterwards!
  • suprjewels
    suprjewels Posts: 507
    Options
    sorry all! I've been so sick for the last week and a half. But, I'm back on board. I did 30 minutes of flexibility on lucky i'm here this morning. That's weak I know! LOL! but, still recouping from my cold. but, I do the workout m-sat. I normally do 30 minutes on I can do it all! Or whatever the hardest is. I rotate between cardio, core and flexibility. I will start wearing my HRM again and report my stats each morning. Hope you all are getting your butts kicked by Maya! LOL
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    I love MFC and saw the Golds Gym work out game and I am thinking about going and getting it today. Has anyone tried it yet? I am also wanting the new EA Sports Active.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    What is HRM?

I have the Wii Fit and MFC....I like them both so I switch between the two of them.
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    I don't currently have My Fitness Coach (I want it, I just can't afford it at the moment) but I do have Wii Fit... I desperately need to do it more often... anyone up for a Wii Fit challenge?

I am up for a Wii Fit Challange. I am in the same boat as you on affording MFC at this point in time.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just did workout #3 focusing on lower body. Except she tricked me and threw in some crunches. :grumble:

My abs were still too sore from the core workout Saturday. However I love Maya!!!:heart:

In 30 mins I burned more than 400 calories.:love:
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't currently have My Fitness Coach (I want it, I just can't afford it at the moment) but I do have Wii Fit... I desperately need to do it more often... anyone up for a Wii Fit challenge?

I just read a post "Wii Fit Challenge" starts later this week....check it out!! :flowerforyou:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I just did cardio for 30 minutes and she was hard on me. My HRM said 356 so after subtracting my Resting 266 total. Not to shabby! when you get up to doing the harder setting she doesn't believe in water. And there's no pause button. :grumble:
    a HRM is a heart rate monitor. It's so much more accurate than Maya!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just did cardio for 30 minutes and she was hard on me. My HRM said 356 so after subtracting my Resting 266 total. Not to shabby! when you get up to doing the harder setting she doesn't believe in water. And there's no pause button. :grumble:
    a HRM is a heart rate monitor. It's so much more accurate than Maya!

I know, sometimes I just have to have a drink of water! Oh, and the pause button is the minus sign button. When you push it, it gives you some choices and you can pause your workout, change the music and a couple of other things I can't think of right now.
    Today's workout is the physical challenge. I don't mind doing it, but sometimes I just wanna work out and not take the time to measure myself. I found out, if you don't do it & enter your measurements, etc., the workouts don't change, they just stay on the flexibility mode. Guess I'd better go get busy!
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    ok, i FINALLY used it for the 1st time just now, it said i burned 82 calories but my HRm said 109 and how do you log it on here??
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I did 30 minutes of core this morning. My HRM said about 130. Thanks so much for the pause tip. My workout buddy won't know what happened when I pause it for water. LOL We're always yelling at her that we need water. I never thought the normal pause button would be pause. Talk about a blonde moment! :blushing:
    I log mine. I made up an exercise and have it listed as my fitness coach. The calories are always off but, I have my trusty HRM to fix it.
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    I did 30 minutes of core this morning. My HRM said about 130. Thanks so much for the pause tip. My workout buddy won't know what happened when I pause it for water. LOL We're always yelling at her that we need water. I never thought the normal pause button would be pause. Talk about a blonde moment! :blushing:
    I log mine. I made up an exercise and have it listed as my fitness coach. The calories are always off but, I have my trusty HRM to fix it.

I just did 30 mins. of core and my HRM said 137 calories. i did the same as you under cardio, i just put in My fitness coach and add how many mins. and calories.

I am beginning to HATE Maya and her crunches!!! LOL

How do you pause it?