I have the quit smoking to be able to breathe but gain so mu

Options
I quit smoking in March of this year and took up baking.....whoa!!!! I was NEVER small but I was also NEVER this big. I knew I had gained a little weight during the summer but it wasn't until it got cold and I went to put on my jeans that I realized the true extent of what I had done making cakes pies and cookies every night! :embarassed:

My biggest problem according to my Drs is that I don't eat enough....this makes some sense to me but try telling that to a non medical healthy person just for grins and giggles...their look is priceless. A fat person MUST eat allllllll day long and never entertain the thought of a fruit or vegetable right?!?! Well I can certainly say in my case that is definitely wrong! The Drs say that my body goes into "starvation mode" due to me not eating and that every calorie I do intake is held onto for fear of me not eating again...I can see it but still.

To be quite honest I am food ignorant. We are southern....AKA Rice and milk gravy goes with everything and for some reason the rice has butter added to it while cooking THEN the gravy on top :noway: I was taught to cook adding bacon grease or butter to everything that didn't fight back. I know what supposedly is good and what is bad for you but the whole eat 6 small meals a day going from 1 meal a day is for lack of a better word exhausting! I feel like I am eating all day long now for real!!! I know people say for example eat whatever whatever whatever but I need a more structured regime than that I NEED for someone to tell me at 8 eat whatever at 10 or 11 or whenever I am supposed to eat again eat this! I am trying to get a doctor to refer me to a nutritionist but they keep dragging their feet!

Wow....anyway this was supposed to be a quick hello and I just went into a whole other thing....if only talking was great exercise!

Replies

• Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is my 8th day here, My dr told me that i had to eat more to lose weight also, so i tried this site for 1 week to see of he was right, not that i thought he would lie but i had to know for myself.. and I lost 1 pound in about 1 week.. so he was right, and congratz on the stop smoking, Im trying to quit again and some advise on how you quit can be great. I learned alot from this site and getting great support also.. feel free to add me as your friend, and good luck on you weight loss..
  • springfield5780
    Options
    Honestly I just decided OK this is my last pack as I was halfway through it and toughed it out. It was ROUGH but each day I made it without one I knew if I slipped up and smoked another one I would have to start alllllll over again! The time before that I quit using mints. I made my mind up on whatever date and at midnight that was it. Each time I wanted a cigarette I grabbed a mint. I didn't smoke menthol so I really don't know why it worked I just know that it did lol. You can do it I promise......just remember in HOURS your lungs are already recovering from the last one.

I actually read and re read this over and over: (so that I didnt have to start all over LOL) Hope this helps :)

When you quit smoking, the benefits begin within minutes of your last cigarette.

At 20 minutes after quitting:

Blood pressure decreases
    Pulse rate drops
    Body temperature of hands and feet increases.

At 8 hours:

Carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
    Oxygen level in blood increases to normal

At 24 hours:
    Chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

nerve endings begin regrowth
    ability to smell and taste improves
  • KaypyserupBrandi
    Options
    Nothing is impossible until you make it possible..

All you need is WILL power to do it..

Even I was to be a smoker, I use to smoke like a pack a day..

I had a blood vomit once.. And even after having blood vomit I was unable to quit smoking..

All I could do was reduce the number of cigarette per day..

But, I found it very difficult to stop it completely..

One of my friend suggested me to do meditation every day morning with out fail and I started meditating everyday morning..

After 2-3months I was able to feel myself having control over me..

And today I am completely out of my smoking habit..

And I would like to thank a Audio Program which my friend suggested which really helped me a lot to quit smoking along with meditation..

Link to the Audio Program: http://www.eikontech.com/quit-smoking/

If you need more tips on how to quit smoking U can PM me..
  • Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips, im going to try on friday to stop smoking. I think I may use the Patch to help take the edge off.