Carbs at Night?

Options
13»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    OP, it sounds like you're overcomplicating it.

Simply eat what you want, when you want, but make sure you keep that calorie deficit.

It really is as simply as that. I eat my main meals of protein/carbs right before bed, normally around 900/1k cals. Just focus on the things that really matter! :)

Okay I know this isnt true because there are SO many limits on mfp. Sugar, carbs, etc. I dont think I could just eat all the sugar and fat I want within the calorie limit and loose

Well, sorry to say, but it IS true. As stated later, it may not be the healthiest way, but it is the base of any weight loss. Create a calorie deficit. How you end up getting to that goal is where people differ.
  • sunnyzephyr
    Options
    I personally do tend to gain weight if I eat carbs too late. You may be similar to me. Most people say it doesn't matter, but if your body is anything like mine than it does make a difference.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Better not eat any carbs after midnight. You don't want to turn into a gremlin.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in June and never made any effort to eat certain types of calories at certain times of day, and my weight loss has been consistently good.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options

How are comments like this even remotely helpful?? People come to this board for support, not snarky comments.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

How are comments like this even remotely helpful?? People come to this board for support, not snarky comments.

It helped me LOL.
  • ciedelle26
    Options
    hey how long it takes to lose 22lbs.?

I've been dieting for 9 days only and i lose 3lbs., slowly I avoid eating rice and meat, most of the time i eat banana and other fruits high in fiber, lots of water and 1hr.exercise everyday. But I noticed last night i have difficulty in sleeping, I was thinking if my diet has something to do with it because I totally avoid eating rice and meat for 4days straight already so today decided to have 3/4 cup of rice, 1 fried egg (white portion only), 4pcs.cocktail hotdog and a cup of 3 in 1 coffee.

Now i weigh 120lbs., based on my calorie counter i'm allowed to eat 1200 calories per day but i only consume 850 calories per day then i usually burn 700 calories a day.. What do you think about my daily diet routine? Is it possible for me to lose 5kg in 5weeks?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I would wager that most folks reading that would realize that it was a joke, as gremlins don't even exist.... or do they?!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I would wager that most folks reading that would realize that it was a joke, as gremlins don't even exist.... or do they?!

Pretty sure they are the evil counterpart to insulin fairies.
  • bbabs99
    Options
    I had great success several years ago not eating carbs after noon. I found I was less hungry and I could still have my carbs in the AM. I still try to "frontload" my day with carbs and not eat bread, potatoes, rice etc. after mid day. I also have a protein snack (1T of peanut butter, a dozen almonds, etc.) right before I go to bed because it helps keep me satiated so I'm not starving first thing in the morning (my weakest moments are before coffee...)

Just because there shouldn't be any confusion, neither of these snacks are particularly high in protein, but high fat.

Understood. Is there something else you would suggest? (I don't eat meat or soy products and eat only very limited forms of dairy). Always happy to expand my horizons (although I'm a pretty picky eater). At 9 pm for 90-100 cals, my choices would typically be a piece of fruit, raw vegetables, nuts or nut butters, whole wheat toast, etc. What else should I consider?

If you're looking for straight protein, protein shakes can get about 20-25 grams for 100-120 calories
    If you eat eggs, egg whites can get you around 20 or so for 100 calories and can be eaten with veggies (omelete) or otherwise (hard boiled, scrambled, etc)

For the record, I'm not saying nuts/nut butters aren't good for you. I love them, just they're not very sturdy protein sources.