having big arms, what's the proper exercise for that?

ciedelle26
ciedelle26 Posts: 7
28 years old
weight 120lbs.
target weight loss: 100lbs-110lbs.
waist line: 28"
ARMS: 12"
food intake: saba banana, camote, orange, apple, nuts, lots of vegetables, little amount of meat
calorie count allowed: 1200/day but only consume 800-900 calories/day
exercise: jumping rope 30-40mins everyday; 10min.sit ups everyday

I don't have proportion body coz most of my body fats are stored to my arms and tummy, Can you give some suggestions-proper exercise on how to work on my arms and tummy? :)

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    General diet plan. That's it. It's that simple. You lose it all over
  • Yep, general diet will take it off naturally all over, including the arms. I tried arm exercises because my upper arms are huge, it takes a lot of work regularly just to see a tiny bit of change, he he. I see more change in my arms from weight loss as compared to exercises.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    you cant choose a specific place to lose body fat... but you can build up your arm muscle, which will replace that fat with muscle and make it look leaner
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    28 years old
    weight 120lbs.
    target weight loss: 100lbs-110lbs.
    waist line: 28"
    ARMS: 12"
    food intake: saba banana, camote, orange, apple, nuts, lots of vegetables, little amount of meat
    calorie count allowed: 1200/day but only consume 800-900 calories/day
    exercise: jumping rope 30-40mins everyday; 10min.sit ups everyday

I don't have proportion body coz most of my body fats are stored to my arms and tummy, Can you give some suggestions-proper exercise on how to work on my arms and tummy? :)

Since your eating less than you should and not having enough protein. This is pretty much what you will end up with...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4ffTT2VQIyYmVCgzMmwaPKbnZFAKBWgIEQP3S1WRpj5x4B5dsuw
  • Since your eating less than you should and not having enough protein. This is pretty much what you will end up with...

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!
  • Since your eating less than you should and not having enough protein. This is pretty much what you will end up with...

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!

FEAR THE SKINNYFAT! :O
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    dips, pull ups, bunch press, close grip bench press, squats, deadlifts, and overhead press..

if you seriously want to build muscle, and lose stomach fat, then these are your workouts..
    the more muscles you work, then harder your body works, and the more calories you burn.. dont waste time with situps, when you could strengthen your core with these workouts.

good luck man
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Since your eating less than you should and not having enough protein. This is pretty much what you will end up with...

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!

FEAR THE SKINNYFAT! :O

PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK ANY OF THESE COMMENTS ARE VERY NICE TO THE ONES WHO HAVE BOTHERED TO GET OFF THIER @SSES AND LOOSE ALOT OF WEIGHT AND WHO ARE LEFT WITH SAGGY SKIN!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    troll?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    troll?

EXACTLY! If one can avoid having excess skin, why not make sure they are aware of it? Why would somebody resent people on MFP for ensuring we are all informed? Constructive criticism, advice, thats what we are here for. That includes ALL aspects of fitness and weight loss. Even I have worried about my tummy and excess skin, that isn't anything against those who have had major weight loss in an area and do have excess skin! Congrats for losing all that fat in the first place!

• PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK ANY OF THESE COMMENTS ARE VERY NICE TO THE ONES WHO HAVE BOTHERED TO GET OFF THIER @SSES AND LOOSE ALOT OF WEIGHT AND WHO ARE LEFT WITH SAGGY SKIN!

We are not talking about those folks. We are talking about skinny fat. When you lose a good amount of muscle along with the fat. So you are left with no definition, saggy skin, and little muscle.
    Was not talking about those who have lost a lot of weight and resulted in saggy skin. That is a different story!
    This is avoided by a moderate reduction of calories, resistance training, and hitting set macros.
  • trud72
    If you are refering to me as "the troll" lol
    keep people informed by all means but no need to be nasty right? :brokenheart: just think abit before putting the name calling and the names about it????
    there are ALOT of "bigger" losers on here....
  • If you are refering to me as "the troll" lol
    keep people informed by all means but no need to be nasty right? :brokenheart: just think abit before putting the name calling and the names about it????
    there are ALOT of "bigger" losers on here....

Read my above post. We are not talking about the "bigger" folks that have saggy skin as a result of a large weight loss. We are talking about something else! :flowerforyou:
  • trud72
    This is avoided by a moderate reduction of calories, resistance training, and hitting set macros.

i am afraid to tell you it is not always avoided,no one(no matter how much exersice they do) have the ability of avoiding it(you can tone it) not avoid it!
    it is down to smokers or not,genes,age luck basically!
    i wasn't getting on at you sunshine personally :flowerforyou: (as i am a troll)! :devil: it was the names more so!
  • snookumss
    LOL Troll is a term for people who are mean or get a bit huffy in a conversation, in their comments or responses. He wasn't calling you a troll dearie!
  • trud72
    LOL Troll is a term for people who are mean or get a bit huffy in a conversation, in their comments or responses. He wasn't calling you a troll dearie!

and there was me thinking you ment my looks .....:cry:
  • snookumss
    Ha ha ha its okay, internet slang term I only learned about a month or so ago :D
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Trudy is not a troll she's sweet. The best arms and abs come from swimming.
  • trud72
    Trudy is not a troll she's sweet. The best arms and abs come from swimming.

awww you sweety gaeljo xxx :flowerforyou: ( i will pay ya later) :drinker:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    My arms are the last places I've lost weight, and would be the first place I'd gain it. There's nothing you can do to make yourself lose weight there, but I recommend lifting heavy weights and working the triceps.

They won't give instant results, and for a while, they might even make your arms look larger (and add extra weight on the scale from your body holding on to water to help "cushion" your throbbing muscles), but eventually you will build lean muscle on there, which give a more sleek look. You need to eat though or you'll never be happy with the appearance of your arms.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Hi Ciedelle!
    Being a fellow big-armed female with a bigger tummy than I want to have, my only advice to you is to NOT do heavy arm nor ab specific workouts. Building muscle in areas where you want to reduce size will add muscle and that looks better yes, but you won't reduce the size. Keep focusing on core muscle and other areas you want to tone and wait to see what your arms and abs look like when you've lost the weight you're aiming to lose. Then tone up if you want to.

I've always built muscle easily, especially in my arms. They are very muscular without me doing anything at all, and even now that I'm down at a body fat percentage of 25 I have bigger arms than I want without arm workouts at all.

It is a common mistake to think that you'll reduce with more effort on certain areas but that is sadly not the case.

ETA: From your picture I don't think your arms are big! They are proportionate with the rest of your body and you look good! :glasses:
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Zumba with weights/tonning sticks is good. good cardio exercise, big on core and arms but also works ur legs too. thats my opinion anyway
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    now that you've pretty much reached your desired weight, you need to lift weights to scuplt your muscles. As you gain muscle your body will burn fat more easily and your arms will thin out, I'm having the same issue right now. I've got bulky muscular arms because I've been doing a lot of circuit training to lose weight now I'm at at point where I need to sculpt and lose fat to have more muscle definition.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    No, a troll is someone who intentionally stirs up trouble or says provocative things just to get a response. It's not about getting huffy.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    No, a troll is someone who intentionally stirs up trouble or says provocative things just to get a response. It's not about getting huffy.

This.

I was referring to the OP. Sorry for the confusion people :smile:
This discussion has been closed.