Recipe Swap Week 9

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
Recipe swap is a fun group where every week two recipes are shared by our members to be cooked by everyone else in the group!

Recipe Swap Week 8: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/387942-recipe-swap-week-8
If you make a recipe from week 8, please post your review of it on that post.

THIS WEEK carsluck71 AND emilytgs24 ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHARING RECIPES FOR THE REST OF THE GROUP TO MAKE.

Hopefully the recipes are posted today or tomorrow.

1. Sign up by making a post in this thread and I will add you to the member list.
2. Every week there will be TWO recipes/meals submitted by two members. Each member of the community should make the recipe and post their opinions about the recipe/meal, changes they may have made, etc.
3. Each week there will be a new recipe swap post on the MFP boards. This post will be the place that the members responsible for the recipes for the week will post them as well as the place where you should comment about the recipes/meals you cooked. If you make any substitutions or other changes in the recipe, tell us that as well. And by all means, if you take pictures and want to share them, do!

For more information and for the recipes from last week and the member list, check out here: https://docs.google.com/a/u.pacific.edu/document/d/1fqBAaFmtHqOq76VlmyASTE8LX-FnUnYWCYY7QTu6q1o/edit?hl=en_US

Replies

• Karrieif
    Karrieif Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there, interested in joining this group!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Hi there, interested in joining this group!

adding you :)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    New thread
  • stefnicole
    Options
    Bumping for new thread.
  • mobox
    mobox Posts: 1
    Options
    would love to join
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    would love to join

Adding you.
    Hopefully our recipes show up here soon!
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

This is a recipe I found on food.com and have modified the flavor combos lots of times with great results! This looks elegant but is supper easy! To make it healthier I exchange the butter for spray on oil (PAM). It's calorie free and has great results.

Wrapped Salmon

4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
    8 sheets phyllo dough
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 lemons, juice of
    salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
    Mix the mustard and lemon juice together in a small bowl until well combined; set aside.
    Cut the fillets into log shaped pieces, about 2-inches wide and about 5-inches long. Keep each fillet separated.
    Take 2 sheets of phyllo dough, placing one on top of the other, and brush lightly with melted butter. Make sure to cover the entire top piece of phyllo.
    Place a potion of fish (6 oz.) on the edge of the phllo nearest to you.
    Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper to taste and coat fish with 1 Tbs of the mustard mixture.
    Fold the phyllo dough nearest to you with the salmon over, and make one complete wrap.
    Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, and continue rolling up the dough.
    Brush all sides with melted butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet.
    Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
    Bake for 20 min or until phyllo is golden brown.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Hi All,

This is a recipe I found on food.com and have modified the flavor combos lots of times with great results! This looks elegant but is supper easy! To make it healthier I exchange the butter for spray on oil (PAM). It's calorie free and has great results.

Wrapped Salmon

4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
    8 sheets phyllo dough
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 lemons, juice of
    salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
    Mix the mustard and lemon juice together in a small bowl until well combined; set aside.
    Cut the fillets into log shaped pieces, about 2-inches wide and about 5-inches long. Keep each fillet separated.
    Take 2 sheets of phyllo dough, placing one on top of the other, and brush lightly with melted butter. Make sure to cover the entire top piece of phyllo.
    Place a potion of fish (6 oz.) on the edge of the phllo nearest to you.
    Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper to taste and coat fish with 1 Tbs of the mustard mixture.
    Fold the phyllo dough nearest to you with the salmon over, and make one complete wrap.
    Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, and continue rolling up the dough.
    Brush all sides with melted butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet.
    Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
    Bake for 20 min or until phyllo is golden brown.

This looks great! I'll add it to the document!
  • cscrivner2010
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump..wish I liked Salmon!!! My family does so I may make this... :)
  • pitaj24
    Options
    please add me. thank you
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    please add me. thank you

ok :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of salmon, but I might use it. Otherwise I'm going to make this dish with a white fish.
  • greenshine
    greenshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    an alternative for those concerned with the fat in butter is to spray eah sheet with pam.....that is what I do.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brigitte101
    Options
    I would love to join this group if its not too late!:
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I would love to join this group if its not too late!:

It's never too late :)
  • mamaslosingit
    Options
    I need new ideas please add me to the recipe swap
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I need new ideas please add me to the recipe swap

welcome!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting - might do it next week when DH is out of town and thus I can eat what I want ;-)