Motivation

Options
I am in week 1 of my plan to lose 70 pounds. I have a trainer twice a week and am working out myselt three other days. I have no problem with the working out, just the eating. I LOVE food. I am hungry. How do I get over this?

She

Replies

• sheschumacher
    sheschumacher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in week 1 of my plan to lose 70 pounds. I have a trainer twice a week and am working out myselt three other days. I have no problem with the working out, just the eating. I LOVE food. I am hungry. How do I get over this?

She
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm very rarely hungry. I eat 3 normal size meals and 2-3 snacks daily. Planning out my meal plan early in the day helps me stick to the plan.
  • MommyWilson
    Options
    I have a some what similar problem. When I'm being good, then I am really good. But when I fall off the wagon, I fall hard! I don't know how to refocus and not eat. I hate cooking separate meals for my family than me.
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi! Something that helps me out is to Clean out your cupboards! I LOVE food too...and if I have it in the house, I WILL eat it! You can't eat what's not there,lol My family's not too happy with me about that one, but they are gonna get healthier too!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Snacks seemed to have helped me too! The 1st two weeks seem to be the worst, but then you kind of get used to it. I LOVE FOOD TOO!! One trick I picked up on is healthy replacement. I WANT PIZZA, mmm...not a good choice, but maybe some whole wheat pasta and spaghetti sauce instead.

Find ways to get the taste you desire, but in a much healthier way. Good luck!! Play around and you'll figure out what works for ya!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

She

I love to eat also.

I earn my food with exercise and spread my food out over the day with 6-7 smaller meals.

protein shakes help make a good snack and helps me feel full,

cheese, the real kind, makes my hunger stay at bay also.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Amy_B do you want to share what a day of your meals and snacks look like? That may be of some help!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Dave, what kind of protein shakes do you drink?

• aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    All very good advice!

Don't forget to have good fats and lean protein at every meal/snack! This will help greatly with satiety! I'm with Dave- I exercise to eat!!!

However, sometimes you just have to stop and have a conversation with yourself about stupid eating. Like you and many others, I LOVE food!!! I LOVE TO EAT! When I want to eat to just eat, I'm learning to recognize this and substitute a healthier option. Sometimes, I can even understand that I don't really need any food and just walk away!!! I don't know if I'll ever lose all of my intense cravings or desires for certain things, but I can minimize the times that I over-indulge!

Good luck, and keep trying!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Amy_B do you want to share what a day of your meals and snacks look like? That may be of some help!

I use MRM whey protein powder I get chocolate and vanilla
    sometimes with milk
    sometimes with frlozen blue berries (costco) and strawberries and a bananna and crushed ice

sometimes the powder the milk and some peanut butter...

yum and it is good for ya!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

I'll share yesterday's since I know I lost some weight. I was sick and didn't exercise, but I do breastfeed my three month old (put in as 300 calories burned daily).

Breakfast--2 whole wheat applesauce waffles w/strawberries, light syrup, and powdered sugar, oj
    Snack--none
    Lunch--light (skim milk, flour, light butter spread) creamed tuna and peas over 2 small biscuits, potato salad (leftover from cookout the night before...homemade)
    Snack--frozen grapes
    Dinner--whole wheat calzone w/turkey pepperoni, spinach, and mushrooms, green beans, skim milk
    Snack--2 cups oil popped popcorn, 3 Hershey's miniatures

Water--at least 96 ounces

(copied and pasted from another site, hence the format)