I Declare War...on my body

Options
I have been overweight since I attended University in the 90's. I eat to relieve stress, when borded, when sad, whenever. I would consider myself an addict. At my largest I weighed 276 lbs then down to 137 now back to 182lbs. I can take some pleasure in not gaining all the weight back but I am scared I am going down that road again.

How can something so essential to life be so overwhelming it consumes my every thought. I have started on MFP 3 times now and each time I start again I have gained more weight.

Well I declare war on my body. I am taking control of my food intake from this moment forward. :frown:

Replies

• hockeyops
    hockeyops Posts: 15
    Options
    I have been overweight since I attended University in the 90's. I eat to relieve stress, when borded, when sad, whenever. I would consider myself an addict. At my largest I weighed 276 lbs then down to 137 now back to 182lbs. I can take some pleasure in not gaining all the weight back but I am scared I am going down that road again.

How can something so essential to life be so overwhelming it consumes my every thought. I have started on MFP 3 times now and each time I start again I have gained more weight.

Well I declare war on my body. I am taking control of my food intake from this moment forward. :frown:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    why not declare love on your body instead?

take a positive approach

reward your body

good luck
  • hockeyops
    hockeyops Posts: 15
    Options
    Great perspective! Thank you for the positive encouragement. :happy:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Totally agree with Dave.
    Overeating is the war.
    Overeating is the death.
    Have peace. Have life. Love your body. Talk to your body. Tell it you will be good to it and eat healthy, exercise, drink lots of water. I talk to my body as she is my best friend on this earth. I have finally acknowledged it and am treating her as such.
    Your body will love you and you will love your body.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Good Job you can do it
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Wow! Dave!
    :heart:
    I'm impressed!
    :heart: