Double-Chin Depression

Options
2012Kristin
2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
Why is it I always appear to have a double-chin in pictures?? I can't get rid of it and I'm sure my friends are sick of me requesting retake after retake until I finally like one! Anyone else have this issue? How can I get rid of it. This may be a stupid question, but are there any exercises?

Replies

• missnewbody
    Options
    As the weight goes, I'm sure it will too!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    That's not a double chin, it's a cowl neck scarf?

but seriously, it could be genetic.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    No exercises. Just continued weight loss. I also have this issue although I think part of it is just that my smile is big and my cheeks are full. Its not the under chin that bothers me but the side chin. If that even makes sense. More like my jowls, LOL!

I've lost 13lbs so far and I can REALLY tell in my face. Not nearly so much chin shows when I smile.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    To the original poster... people have different facial features... some people, no matter how thin, will always have a double chin and there is nothing you can really do short of cosmetic surgery.

A college hall mate of mine died of anorexia... she weighed 74 pounds and had a double chin until the end. I have a co-worker who is absolutely tiny, and she has the biggest, roundest chipmunk cheeks ever. I think they're adorable, but she hates them.
  • amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When they take the pic stick your head forward a little. It works miracles.
  • 2012Kristin
    Options
    When they take the pic stick your head forward a little. It works miracles.

I'm always trying to play with angles! And I always have the photog take the pics at a downward angle!
  • 2012Kristin
    Options

To the original poster... people have different facial features... some people, no matter how thin, will always have a double chin and there is nothing you can really do short of cosmetic surgery.

I know, right??

Anyhow, I think it does have to do a little with how big my smile is. What bothers me is that I never had one before - it's sort of a recent thing and I've been losing weight!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it could be due to genetics. Does your mother or grandmothers have it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I beleive it's genetics also.

My face and arms are the first place my fat goes. :grumble:

However, when i lose too much weight then my face looks old. :ohwell:
  • 2012Kristin
    Options
    Unfortunately it could be due to genetics. Does your mother or grandmothers have it?

Not that I know of. All my family is fairly petite.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    even when I was 16 years old and weighed 110 pounds (I'm 5'7") I had a double chin, like I was part bullfrog or something. I finally had liposuction under my chin. miracle.
  • NewChristine1483
    NewChristine1483 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There actually is an exercise you can do for this.. tilt your head all the way back, like you're looking at the top of a skyscraper. Then open and close your mouth, tightening the muscles on your neck. You will look like a fish-out-of-water, literally, but it works! Also just brinigng your jaw forward while tilting your head back works too.

And "fork putdowns and table pushbacks".. funny, but rude, and not the place when someone is asking a valid question.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight it will slowly disappear. For me it's a genetic thing since my Grandma had it and so did my Dad. :o/ But once I got to my goal weight it had all but disappeared.
  • NewChristine1483
    NewChristine1483 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also, tilt your head upwards in pictures. Or, don't be "face foward" - stand a little off center and tilt your head to look at the camera.

These are all tricks of the trade, though - biggest is def losing weight. the rest will come! :) good luck.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have a fat face too..with those annoying fat cheeks. My partner said I remind him of those dancing hamsters in that car commercial..forget what it is.
    Unfortunately, in my case, its genetic. My father's family all have the same facial structure as me. I guess its "adorable":grumble:
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    There actually is an exercise you can do for this.. tilt your head all the way back, like you're looking at the top of a skyscraper. Then open and close your mouth, tightening the muscles on your neck. You will look like a fish-out-of-water, literally, but it works! Also just brinigng your jaw forward while tilting your head back works too.

And "fork putdowns and table pushbacks".. funny, but rude, and not the place when someone is asking a valid question.

Just did this, it hurts man! How am I meant to excessively chatter if I'm too busy burning off chin fat (thanks for the tip :D I get quite the double chin)
  • carolijon
    Options
    maybe because you are self conscious about your ;double chin' you keep your head down. try looking up.........good luck:happy:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh, it'll go........................here's a true life depiction of mine!

Pollydoublechins.jpg

but it DOES help to stick your chin out a little bit :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome transformation Woggy3939! You look amazing. <3
  • 2012Kristin
    Options
    Oh, it'll go........................here's a true life depiction of mine!

Thank you so much for sharing woggy3939 - it is definitely inspirational to see that it can be done!