MFP Nike + Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• in_to_win
    in_to_win Posts: 17
    Options
    My Nike plus always told me I was running more than I actually was. So I forked out the extra money to get a garmin and haven't looked back since. It's pricey, but for training it was the only way to go for me. I need accuracy.
  • jamiek
    jamiek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just joined on to MFP and want to be a part of this group! I do not own a Nike tracker, but own a Suunto watch and HR monitor. The watch also tracks mileage too. Can I still be a part of this group? Is this something where you have to upload it from your Nike Gear to be a part of it? Just wondering.

Thanks guys! Happy Running/Walking!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm keen! Though I'm a tiny bit late, am ready to go! Thanks for setting it all up :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just joined on to MFP and want to be a part of this group! I do not own a Nike tracker, but own a Suunto watch and HR monitor. The watch also tracks mileage too. Can I still be a part of this group? Is this something where you have to upload it from your Nike Gear to be a part of it? Just wondering.

Thanks guys! Happy Running/Walking!

I believe we all have the Nike + and use the Nike website to track the mileage of each participant.
  • Cerabell18
    Cerabell18 Posts: 124
    Options
    Joined up and ready to run!
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to the discussion here, but I've found the accuracy on the Nike+ system to be pretty decent. I'm pretty particular about my runs, but if you calibrate it well it should give you a pretty good distance gauge. A 400m track helps you get the distance right, obviously, but you also need to clock it at the pace you typically log your runs in. Just my two cents...good luck to all in this challenge! (it's catching on...we may have to do another one...leash?)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Of course we can do another one! I'm glad we started this :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    Just wondering but is it possible to use the NIKE+ system while at the gym? I've tried a couple times and it wasn't able to detect the sensor in the shoe. I was wondering if this was just me or if its impossible to use at the gym.

Side note: I know some machines have where you can plug the ipod into it but none at my gym have that.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    It would only work with running at the gym, I don't think it will work on the elliptical and such, its more of a running device sorry!

• HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    wish i could run. I can only jog for about a minute on a treadmill before my shins are screaming in pain. I get major shin splints. I love the nike + and i really want use it though.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    You can use it for walking too, you will be able to work yourself up to running. I get shin splints too, they are SO painful! Good luck!

• exercisediva
    Options
    I would love to do the next challenge! I would have to wipe the dust off my Nike+ gear! I haven't used it since I got the ipod touch. Hey what is the garmin like?
  • exercisediva
    Options
    PS I love NIKE!

151375.png
    " Press towards the mark"