Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
So I FINALLY got out my Jillian Michael's workout DVD. I've only had it for 2 years. Now, how do I log this excerise?

Replies

• RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    most people i know here log it as circuit training :)
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Now, how do I log this excerise?

I've heard that some wear a HRM while doing it and add it to their exercise log.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I log mine as circuit traing (general) 20mins x
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I typically log it as 20 minutes of "calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort."
  • MickeyEstes
    MickeyEstes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday and was wondering the same thing...
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    circuit training, general.
    burns about 172 calories
  • CaboScotty
    CaboScotty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use the "add exercise to the database" link and create each level as it's own exercise. Then I record my time doing each level and the calories burned using my heart rate monitor.
  • Lefeh99
    Lefeh99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I was wondering too though, Do each of us burn a different amount of calories per excerise? Someone mentioned a number of calories burned for the circuit and 20 mins but when I typed it in, I had a different amount!!?? Does it differ because of our body make up?
  • CaboScotty
    Options
    Lefeh99 - I have found that yes we all burn different calories based on body make up. For example, when I did the 30 Day Shred - Level 1 on Tuesday, I burned 424 calories per my Heart Rate Monitor, which was my first day back to working out in several months. I know earlier in the year when I was working out quite a bit, I was burning around 370 - 380 calories everytime I did the 30 Day Shred.
  • Lefeh99
    Lefeh99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    71golfzuno...what is your heart monitor that you are talking about? Is that something you wear on your arm or something when working out? I take it that tells you calories burned? Are you able to change calories on here to log or do you go by that (does that make sense?)
  • CaboScotty
    Options
    The heart rate monitor (HRM) is something you wear when working out. It has a chest strap and a watch. They are really easy to use and you enter your height, weight, etc. into the HRM, so it will calculate your calories burned while working out, as well as provide you with your heart rate while working out. I use the Polar FT7 and I like it. If you do a web search for Polar FT7 you will be able to get a bunch of information. The message boards here contain several posts regarding heart rate monitors and you will see varying reviews for several different types of HRMs.

Yes you can change the calories on here, even if you select one of the exercises already listed that provides you the calories after you enter your time.