? FOR dudes ?

Options

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Okay. . Just curious here. I would like to take sort of a poll. . .SERIOUSLY. I was just watching a style segment and this question

popped up in my mind!

How many men dream of rocking skinny jeans or already do? Why do you like or not like them?

Don't guys still wear dockers and such?

Guys what do you rock?

My dad wears Dockers. He'll be 80 in December.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* is too round and my quads wouldn't fit into them. Hell even regular jeans are kinda uncomfortable to me. I'm not a big fashion nut though either. Most days you'll find me in either sweats or shorts. If it's pants, it's Dockers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My quads are large for my waist (28")
    I wear 30x30 just to have a little extra room, still alot of manufacturers are making nothing but slim fit and skinny fit, which irks me beyond no comparrison. Lucky Brand jeans are basically all that I will wear right now cause they have a classic fit which is somewhat baggy.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    if i see a guy wearing skinny jeans, he's like 15 on a skateboard and i wonder how he can do an ollie in those things. i am a sucker for cargos and a tshirt...*drool* wait, i think i got off track here...thanks jade for the naughty thoughts now :)
  • queenmegan
    Options
    i think men look kinda foxy in skinny jeans (as long ast they aren't tooo tight) either that or 50s peg leg style.
    like this:
    http://www.rmconnection.com/images/lv04511f&B.jpg
    or this:
    http://www.redhotgear.com/images/Rock Steady Mens Rocker Punk Peg Leg Black Pant.jpg

im just glad the baggy look is out.

THIS!!!!!! ^^^^^^
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Plain old Wrangler 13MWZ jeans. Khakis for dressier occasions.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    AARRRGGHH! There's a guy who works the photo section of my local grocery store. Skinny, emo dude with hair hanging in his eyes and what HAVE to be women's jeans on everytime I see him. He's sporting hip huggers riding low on the waist and it's like a horror I can't look away from.

It's the single most unmanly thing I've ever seen in my life.

I on the other hand am quite happy to be wearing some jeans I haven't fit into in years, they're not "skinny" jeans, but they're sure as hell a lot skinnier than what I WAS wearing!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Umm, I don't rock skinny anything. LOL.

I would LOVE some semi low rise pants and jeans cause I'm a liitle bit of a short azz. "Skinny" jeans would look ridiculous on me unless I was 140lbs or less.

Even as a golfer, nobody wears Dockers any more. Lots of new styles have come out that look at performance factors in heat as well as style. No more Herb Tarlick lookalikes out there thankfully.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    if i see a guy wearing skinny jeans, he's like 15 on a skateboard and i wonder how he can do an ollie in those things. i am a sucker for cargos and a tshirt...*drool* wait, i think i got off track here...thanks jade for the naughty thoughts now :)

Got to spice up our morning some how love. . . cargos. . tank. . yummy. . . dang it April! Now I'm drooling!:laugh:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Adam Levine and teenage emo boys are the only ones who should be allowed to wear these.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Dockers and jeans...would never wear skinny jeans, I personally don't think they look manly and those that wear them look rediculas.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    ok so for all the men who havent already figured it out. Skinny jeans do not belong on you. It looks like you used a crowbar to get in them and yes THOSE girls were laughing at you. If your not 13 buy the big boy pants please.......whew!

That said I love a man in a pair of good fitting jeans preferably ones that show off their @$$:bigsmile:
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just "graduated" to 'slim' jeans.. the skinny ones are a bit much for me..!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    no offense to anyone but whats really funny is the fat kid in skinny jeans. that cracks me up everytime

has anyone actually seen a grown man wear these things?
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Honestly, skinny jeans make me want to puke. I can't handle anything that comes remotely close to being a "nut hugger". I'll wear slacks for certain occasions at work or at weddings, funerals, etc. I'm a Carhartt dungaree/carpenter jean guy through and through.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Helll naaaahhh I wouldnt be caught dead wearing those Things! I am much to awesomely tanned and awesome to be wearing such ridiculous Hipster attire.:bigsmile:
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My husband has been rockin' his Levi 501s for the last 25 years. I don't believe the size has changed much at all in that time!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Like most sartorial fads, skinny jeans are about rebellion. Fighting preconceived gender roles like Lucretia Mott* just in what you choose to wear. The fad really took off with the mod rockers in the United Kingdom in the early- and mid-sixties. A mod would buy their jeans, soak them in water, and wear them until the jeans form-fit his legs.

That said, any fad whose purpose or foundation is to "piss off the older generation" is just terrible. I am a huge proponent of self-expression and I find that a personal style can help someone make a statement. But if you want a pair of well-fitting jeans, you should talk to your tailor.

Full disclosure: I own exactly one pair of jeans. They are slim-fit with a 32 waist. Most days, I'd rather be in well-tailored khakis or slacks.
    -wtk

* Her middle name was "Coffin," by the way. Not making any statements about feminism...just an observation.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have genetically large thighs anyway. Polo jeans are the only brand that really fit well.

Same here. Can't imagine ever wearing skinny jeans...just not worth it.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    no offense to anyone but whats really funny is the fat kid in skinny jeans. that cracks me up everytime

has anyone actually seen a grown man wear these things?

only in that beer commercial