Just looking for some support

Options
Well.............I almost laugh at myself at how hard it is for me to ask for help, even on here...........a dieting site. Its quite sad really, I am not overly outgoing and well............asking for help in any sense is extremely hard for me. I have been raised to do it yourself and never under any circumstances ask for help. If you can't do it by yourself than there is something missing in you.

I have however been dealing with my weight issues since I was, oh about 14, yay the lovely puberty stage. I have yo yoed, i have crashed, I have done anorexia and bulimia which never goes away and I constantly fight with myself over, especially when my weight goes up.

So, I have decided to join this site to try and track what it is that I am putting in my mouth and why, the why is something I will have to figure out. I would love to have friends and support from anyone that is interested. God knows I need help staying on track.12749258.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• tdoerr2
    Options
    One thing I have noticed since joining a month is that the people on here are very supportive and helpful. Please feel free to add me for extra support.
  • 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have learned a lot about my own eating habits from this site. Feel free to add me if you would like to. I know the feeling of not wanting to reach out to someone. You did it. That is the first step.
  • QueenCharlotte
    Options
    Hi Vannessa! I totally understand where your coming from... I've never really been an outgoing person myself & it's hard for me to make friends. I've moved to Ohio almost 2 years ago for college & I can honestly say I don't have any friends. lol It's sad, but all I know is that life is a journey & the only thing that gets you throughout is will-power.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like - This site has helped me to be accountable to me. It's not about others helping as much as supporting. Everyone needs a little support, only you can help you.

I'm a lil' sassy sometimes - Welcome
  • vannessasheane
    vannessasheane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, it makes me feel so much better about asking for help when people tell you that it is okay to do it. I have only just joined this site, last thursday being the first day. I am so glad that I did. You have all shown me what a true community is, it helps to know that there are people out there, just like me and are more than willing to help.

:flowerforyou:
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Here to help in any way I can....you're in the right place