Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

any roller derby and/or punk rockers out there?

_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
i'm looking for some of 'my kind' to share with (although it really sounds like i wouldn't share with others, i totally don't mean it that way) but I thought I'd find some members in my same usual social circles to get a group with.

anyone?
punk rock?
snowboarding?
tattoos?
burlesque?
screw the man?

Anyone??

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    ME!
    Rocker
    old school Burlesque lol
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Pick me, pick me!!! haha
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    yea, tattoos
  • salinger1976
    salinger1976 Posts: 8 Member
    I love roller skating and am seriously thinking about joining a roller derby! I have tattoos but I don't really consider myself "punk rock". I'm more of a grown up grunge girl who is now an English major - almost a teacher. I am most definitely a feminist.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    i'm looking for some of 'my kind' to share with (although it really sounds like i wouldn't share with others, i totally don't mean it that way) but I thought I'd find some members in my same usual social circles to get a group with.

anyone?
    punk rock?
    snowboarding?
    tattoos?
    burlesque?
    screw the man?

Anyone??

This is my new fave "meet peeps" post EVER

And hec ya girly, I'm down
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    tattoos!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    ME!
    Rocker
    old school Burlesque lol

Oh and Tats lol
  • _snw_
    Sweet. I'll start a group then ... if/when i figure out how to do it.

(by the way, my "down with the man" didn't mean "down with men", just the illustrious "the man")
  • I have a tattoo, want more, love watching the roller derby and would totally join if I didn't have a bum knee, FT career, and a 2 year old.

But beyond that I don't know if I'm your people...not a man-hater or a feminist. Just your average American Libertarian.
  • _snw_
    I'm not a man hater at all!
  • I'm not a man hater at all!

Yeah, saw that after I posted.

But I also don't believe in "the man", so we're still at odds. Enjoy your group!
  • echoegami
    echoegami Posts: 10 Member
    Yo! Retired after almost five years of skating with the Minnesota RollerGirls. Started a retired derby club with some retired skater friends. Skating and playing derby is the only physical activity I LOVE doing.
    Have lots of tattoos and was totally punk rock in the 80s but now I hide in plain sight working "for the man"! lulz. :D
  • _snw_
    I created a group "Punk Rockers Scare You"

Click over and join!
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member

anyone?
    punk rock?
    snowboarding?
    tattoos?
    burlesque?
    screw the man?

Anyone??

Rockabilly chica checking in :)
  • Scared.....definitely....." us " dudes are all in hiding now.....take a look, im the only one to reply.......take me or leave me !
  • _snw_
    Right on! We have a good start. Don't forget to join the forum/group --> "Punk Rockers Scare You"
  • _snw_
  • _snw_
    Scared.....definitely....." us " dudes are all in hiding now.....take a look, im the only one to reply.......take me or leave me !

I'd take you in the blink of an eye. This ain't for some riotgrrl group. Boys are wanted. No, needed.!
  • _snw_
    I'm not a man hater at all!

Yeah, saw that after I posted.

But I also don't believe in "the man", so we're still at odds. Enjoy your group!

EXACLTY!!! down with "the man". You ~so~ belong.
  • _snw_
    anyone else?