What do I do for.....

shapely calves? they have no muscle tone what - so - ever!!

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    My calves are odd looking. They have started to get much harder, instead of a soft odd they are now a dense odd. That tells me I have developed the muscle in them, but burning the fat away from them? I've yet to figure out how to do that.

I'd like to watch this thread and see what has worked for other folks.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member

hills!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Running and riding bicycles worked for me
  • BNUG
    BNUG Posts: 10
    This is going to sound funny but if you have stairs, stand on the edge on your tippy toes (facing up the stairs) and go up as high as you can on your tippy toes and then back to as if you were flat on the stairs. Be sure to be on the edge of the stairs though. it burns alot. Don't to too many too quickly or you'll get shin splints though :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    This is going to sound funny but if you have stairs, stand on the edge on your tippy toes (facing up the stairs) and go up as high as you can on your tippy toes and then back to as if you were flat on the stairs. Be sure to be on the edge of the stairs though. it burns alot. Don't to too many too quickly or you'll get shin splints though :)

yes! i have stairs, will try this tonight or tomorrow!! thanks
  • dargytaylor

hills!

I have started switching back and forth on the treadmill between incline and running......so hopefully someday it will pay off in my calves too!
  • dargytaylor
    Running and riding bicycles worked for me

Thanks! I am hoping to buy a bike next spring.......need to wait since it's toooooo damn cold here in NH