Females that are short!

Options
I'm right at 5 feet tall.. and I was just curious what everyone else's goal weight was for being around this height. My original goal weight has always been 120, just because I felt it was a good number. According to my BMI a healthy range is 94.7 to 128 pounds. My plan is to reach my 120lb goal and see how I feel then, but is anyone else hoping to go lower than that? And is it healthy?

Replies

• jennylongo
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and at 120. I feel good here and am just trying to maintain now. I think the range of weights in the BMI are really misleading. It says I could weigh 102 pounds and be healthy but I think that's just too small for me and my body frame. Good luck!
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall too! Feel free to add me as a friend :)

I set my goal weight at 115. Not sure why- just seemed like a nice number. I think the goal weight all depends on how much muscle you have and how big your bones are and stuff. Go for 120 and then once you get there you can reevaluate and determine if you want to lose more or maintain.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Depends on your bone structure, too.
    I'm 5'2'' and I think my shoulders are pretty broad, lol.
    My goal is 125. I couldn't think about going any lower than that. Once I reach 125 my plan is to tone up a bit :)
  • samdesc
    Options
    I am exactly 5 feet as well and before my daughter I got down to my weight loss goal of 122lbs. But once I got there it wasnt quite the way I wanted myself to look. I think it depends on how you feel. I think about 115 would be perfect for me. I just have to remember to reach my goal and be happy with it, and not getting addicted to losing more and more :)
    I think 120 is a great goal, good luck!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm around 120 and don't mind it. I want to drop body fat% not necessarily weight. But if I look good at 115-112, I'll probably want to stay there. I'm 5'1" or 5'2" depending on the shoes!!!!!
  • BNUG
    BNUG Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 3". my goal is also 120lbs. I would most definitly not go below 100 lbs...even though you are shorter...100lbs is not a good look on most people. I would say for your hieght, 110-115 would be great but i dont think 120 is bad at all.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft as well and my goal is 105 b/c I felt the best at that weight. I was exercising 5x a week about and eating whatever I wanted but watching my portions. I just felt great and never felt too thin. I'm at 125 right now and I have no energy and just feel blah. But that's just me. Good luck!
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 105lbs with added lean muscle.
  • mia427
    mia427 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 5'4 around 116, my goal is 112 but that is because I carry a lot of bulk on a small frame! Your goal seems great! IT totally depends on your body type and how you carry fat/muscle
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"1' and my goal is 150-160. I ultimately want to be in a 10 or 12. I don't want to be too small, but small enough to be happy with myself! :)
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and about 118. My body seems to want to stay here so I guess I"m in maintenance mode. I think everyone has such a different body shape that this is not an easy question to answer.
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you're built and whether you've always been "heavy" or if you've been thin before. I was right at 100 lbs when I was in HS, and I was never what anyone would call "skinny". I always had curves and a large bust. So I'm shooting for 115 ultimately, I don't feel like 100 is a realistic goal at age 36. <lol> But I will be pretty happy at 120 too, I think.

I should have stated I am just under 5 feet according to the doctor....4'11" and a half or 3/4. :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11", my goal weight is 104. I need to gain weight though. I look too frail at 98 pounds. Its not an attractive look.
  • Ladytab
    Options
    I'm in the Army and 5' tall. My minimum weight allowed is 97 lbs and my max is 133lb. I think anything between 120 - 125 is a healthy weight for me. But I am, what my unit lovingly calls me, a battle gnome..short and stocky. I am at 139 right now and they think I look sick. But I am going to continue to work towards that 120 -125 goal area. Good luck~!
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    5'3 here. My goal weight is ultimately 120, but I'd be happy at 130, too. I'm not far off.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I weigh 100 pounds and want to get down 5 more pounds. I have a small frame and a round face so my weight shows. I stick to 1200 calories per day. I have been sick this week so I am not eating the best 1200 calories (white rice).
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i heard a rule for normal (not lean) ppl is 5 ft 100lbs and 5lbs per inch after that. i forgot the name of the dr dude that its named after. but there is a seperate one a lady came out with for leaner ppl thats 99 at 5 and 4lbs per inch i think. (granted these are womens i think not mens.) but i think that you should do ultimately what feels right. its all about you and your happiness dear.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and my original goal weight was 115, but when I got there I wasn't satisfied so I made it 105. I'm 108 now and have been stuck here for almost 2 months. Seems my body wants to stay here and at this point I can live with that.
  • MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone you've all been a great help! I guess it really does just depend on your build. I'll shoot for 120 and see how I feel then. Being 173 now, I feel that I'd be more than happy at 120!!
  • Stephinow
    Options
    I guess it just depends on your body type. I'm 5-3 and thought I wanted to weight 125, but when I was able to wear a size 4 (loosely), I stopped, and I was only at 133 lbs.