Should I...or Shouldn't I?

Options
For some reason I am sooo hungry today!! I have 625 calories left for today...but my dinner may take all of those.....Yesterday I had a little over 1000 calories left...my question is do you think it would hurt if I went ahead and went over my calorie allowance for today.....because I think I am going to have to give in to a snack!!! :laugh:

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    a quick, brisk walk would earn you a 100 cals back easy....
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    One day won't hurt...but its early! Stand up and do some jumping jacks or take a quick walk! And drink tons of water to fill you up. You still have time to change things so you don't have to go over.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    and going over by a litlte isnt going to throw the scale into crazy mode :)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    For some reason I am sooo hungry today!! I have 625 calories left for today...but my dinner may take all of those.....Yesterday I had a little over 1000 calories left...my question is do you think it would hurt if I went ahead and went over my calorie allowance for today.....because I think I am going to have to give in to a snack!!! :laugh:

A weekly deficit is much easier to maintain than a daily one...in my opinion, but much like *kitten* we all have one!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    as long as that snack isnt 500 cals and isn't overboard i say go for it. no thang dear.
  • ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yous hould also have an afternoon snack. Are you eating most of your calories in the morning? It's advisable to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism working. This means you need to split up your available calories to allow for this. Jennloella is right though, a bit of extra activity will earn you some more calories to work with. :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat. If you are worried about the calories do something to work them off.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, have a snack. You shouldn't ever allow yourself to be hungry. Just make sure it's a healthy snack and not junk.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You probably are more hungry today because you had so much left over yesterday. I know if I don't eat all my cals one day, the next day I want to eat everything in sight. Go for a healthy low cal snack, fruit or vegies if possible and take a walk. They will balance each other out.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yous hould also have an afternoon snack. Are you eating most of your calories in the morning? It's advisable to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism working. This means you need to split up your available calories to allow for this. Jennloella is right though, a bit of extra activity will earn you some more calories to work with. :-)
    That's not really true; your metabolism works all the time.

But yes, if you're really hungry then have a snack. If you suspect you are just bored or thirsty, have a glass of water or go for a walk.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Going over 1 or 2 days is not what made us gain weight in the first place. It starts becoming a problem when it happens every day.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Oh no not this again.
    Your metabolism shuts down if you don't eat every 2-3 hours? Eating frequently DOES NOT boost metabolism:flowerforyou:

OP: i look more at the weekly deficit.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Don't make me pull out the batman joker pic.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I also pay way more attention to my weekly average than to the daily totals.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Please do, I think the occasion calls for it. :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Do to request, listen to the Joker, he knows his stuff

BatmanandJokerDietDiscussion.jpg
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    You probably are more hungry today because you had so much left over yesterday. I know if I don't eat all my cals one day, the next day I want to eat everything in sight. Go for a healthy low cal snack, fruit or vegies if possible and take a walk. They will balance each other out.

^^this! when i'm under one day I'm always extra hungry the next! I shoot for a weekly deficit instead of a daily one so the days I go over I don't have to beat myself up :flowerforyou:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

omg i love it!!!!!!
  • ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Good to know. Now I wish I could remember where I read/heard that from.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!! I ate a small bowl of soup...and it did the trick!! And....it was only 60 calories!!! =]