No Zumba on here?

Options
Hi There, This may have already been posted but I couldn't find anything - I tried to enter 'Zumba' into my exercise log and couldn't find it - is there no Zumba? Surely not.... Thanks

Replies

• alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You can create your own. I have just been to my first class. I feel like i will not be walking tomorrow.
    good fun though!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Anything aerobic can be used as a benchmark for creating your own zumba exercise entry - it will save to your list of most used exercises.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    Yeah, I have been on here for over a year and they still haven't added Zumba! :( To log it under exercise I choose aerobic dancing.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I found after using my Polar HRM that each class burns different amount of calories for me. One instructor I use is more low impact and the other is higher impact. My advice for better accuracy--get a HRM!
  • justwater
    Options
    Thanks all - yea it's a bit of a suprise they don't have Zumba as it's so popular! Ok well I will put it under dancing.

Thaks
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I too use aerobic dancing. Seems pretty close to my HRM.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    if you have a hrm you can just use the information you get from that about calories you burn while doing it and create your own exercise
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Anything aerobic can be used as a benchmark for creating your own zumba exercise entry - it will save to your list of most used exercises.

I disagree. I burn more in Zumba. Look online to figure out what YOU personally burn and log it as Zumba. It will save to your list for the future. Don't log it as modern dance either, that's not right.
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Zumba is in there! "Zumba - Live Class"
  • ashgal81
    ashgal81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome site to calculate the calories burned at Zumba!

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com
  • tgoddard1973
    Options
    I couldn't find Zumba either. My instructor informed me that doing zumba can burn anywhere from 400 to 600 calories. So I created my own personal exercise and I figured I was safe assuming doing at least 45 mins of zumba burns at least 400 calories.