PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS

Options
I logged my cardiovascular exercise and the 900 cal I burned. I also logged my strength training, but it did not give me any cals for the exercises, nor did it even acknowledge I did any. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• ladyhawk53
    Options
    I logged my cardiovascular exercise and the 900 cal I burned. I also logged my strength training, but it did not give me any cals for the exercises, nor did it even acknowledge I did any. What am I doing wrong?
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Did it give you the calories for your cardio? I log every thing under cardio, even my strength training. The strength training section section has never worked correctly for me.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Log your strength training under cardio. It will add the calories to your food diary.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    It never has logged burned for strength training. Without it being constant it's hard to say what you are burning. Some people move from one station to the next, while others may take a two minute break before doing something else, so their time lifting would be more, but actually they are taking more breaks make sense???
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This might sound dumb but did you check the box and push the add checked items to my list button? The first couple of times I did this I forgot to check the box and it didn't show up.
  • Petunia_K
    Petunia_K Posts: 35
    Options
    You can try looking on the internet for estimated amounts of calories burned at different weight training levels. For example, my husband looked online and found an estimation for "super sets". I know that on sparkpeople.com you can type in an exercise like say moderate weight training and it will come up with how many calories a person at your weight would burn in a set time. I went on and found taebo there. Its very useful. Good luck!
  • Petunia_K
    Petunia_K Posts: 35
    Options
    P.S. When you find the amount, you have to add it to cardio. It won't count it as calories burned if its entered under strength exercises.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    There are two ways to log it under cardio. Strength training or circuit training. I would do circuit training on the days that I do legs because my I know I am working harder. On the days that I do arms and chest I log it as strength training because I have to take longer breaks between sets. Now that I have my HRM, and a more accurate count of calories burned, I found that doing it this way was pretty close. I hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I usually log my strength training as "circuit training." I don't know how accurate the calories burned is, but so far it's worked fine for me.
  • ladyhawk53
    Options
    Thanks y'all