Alli Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• Karen19_91
    Karen19_91 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hahaha. honestly. its not really a good idea for a long term diet. but i think its good so you know what your doing. If you eat pasta and your embarrassed because u oiled yourself. you prob wont eat pasta again for a long time. it helped me manage my portions. I know portioning is a huge problem for me so sometimes i need to shake myself, especially with this college food.!.

I think you loose more weight from the training, than the pill itself. If you eat PERFECTLY, you will not get gassy or oily. That's what it taught me to do. :)
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    hahaha. honestly. its not really a good idea for a long term diet. but i think its good so you know what your doing. If you eat pasta and your embarrassed because u oiled yourself. you prob wont eat pasta again for a long time. it helped me manage my portions. I know portioning is a huge problem for me so sometimes i need to shake myself, especially with this college food.!.

I think you loose more weight from the training, than the pill itself. If you eat PERFECTLY, you will not get gassy or oily. That's what it taught me to do. :)

LMAO!!! I had to shut my door at my office cuz I am laughing so damn hard at "oiling yourself"....man o man!!
  • Karen19_91
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. You are so right. I guess since I was always eating pastas rice and bread, I always had a bad reaction after I ate them. and when i cut them out, all of the reactions stopped and i was fine. I ate alot of plain tuna. and cereal. :) thanks!
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. it helps a lot..
    i will just stick to what i am doing now..
    and maybe spend money on a gym membership.. haha

love the poop humor on here.. :P
  • Karen19_91
    Options

LMAO!!! I had to shut my door at my office cuz I am laughing so damn hard at "oiling yourself"....man o man!!
    Lmaoooo thats what i call it . "oiling" theres no other way to describe it lol :)
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Umm.. was it tough to get the oily poop stains out of your pants? 'Cause I got salad dressing on my favorite pants last week and that was a b**** to get out.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    karen is good looking but also oily. scratches head at what date must be like. haha
  • Karen19_91
    Options
    Umm.. was it tough to get the oily poop stains out of your pants? 'Cause I got salad dressing on my favorite pants last week and that was a b**** to get out.
    I usually wore a pad...I think people are generally prepared for it..or maybe not. I'm not sure.lol
  • trybefan
    Options
    I need a pic of what said "oiling" looks like.....
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    yea. I've used it before. its definitely stressful because it makes sure you eat exactly what u should. once you mess up...you'll know. I have taken a laxative so everything gets out of my system and ill be back on alli tmo. Ive used alot of different things but the best way is working out and eating right. no pill can replace that. On alli your meals should be the size of a deck of cards. and u should have about 5 very tiny meals a day. -___-. stay away from greasy food, breads pastas,all the stuff you should be staying away from anyway...its makes u super gassy and you fart out oil...lol

Actually alli has nothing to do with breads/pastas - it changes how your body processes fats, not carbs.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alli/WT00030

How does Alli work?
    Alli promotes weight loss by decreasing absorption of fat by the intestines, which reduces the number of calories you absorb.

Lipase, an enzyme found in the digestive tract, helps break down dietary fat into smaller components, so it can be used or stored for energy. Alli works by disabling lipase, which prevents the enzyme from breaking down the fat while it's in your digestive tract. The undigested fat continues through the intestines and is eliminated through bowel movements.

Alli is taken with fat-containing meals, up to three times a day. Because of how Alli works, it's recommended that you eat no more than 15 grams of fat with each meal. Eating greater amounts of fat can cause unwanted effects, such as urgent bowel movements, diarrhea and gas with oily spotting.

So basically Alli has the same effect on the body that having your gall bladder removed does. Go to the gall bladder thread from earlier today and you will see how badly it really does suck to have your body processing foods like that.
  • anthrograd
    anthrograd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I read everyone's comments about this product, as I had wondered about it's efficacy. Since I am a substitute teacher, I don't think Alli would be a good choice for me as I could be stuck in the classroom with nowhere to go! I will cross it off my list of aids to try.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options

Haha. This thought is absolutely nauseating.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Work is blocking most, but if you Google image search "alli oily", you get some stained undies.
  • Karen19_91
    Options
    karen is good looking but also oily. scratches head at what date must be like. haha
    HAHAHAHA. no. i definately stop taking it before a date. LMAO. which is why i stopped taking it when i got home.at school im not concerned. but when my bf takes me out i don't touch it. for about 3 days. i would be in soo much pain. -worst thing to eat with alli =PIZZA....epic fail.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I did that for alittle bit and it wasn't worth it....I was a gassy person. Not cool.
  • Karen19_91
    Options
    I am so glad I read everyone's comments about this product, as I had wondered about it's efficacy. Since I am a substitute teacher, I don't think Alli would be a good choice for me as I could be stuck in the classroom with nowhere to go! I will cross it off my list of aids to try.
    I know a few teachers who use it....I would start it on a long break...so you can gauge how it works for your body lol...and decide whether you can handle its effects..:) ..make sure u ask if pple can smell you..lol.
  • trybefan
    Options
    I
    make sure u ask if pple can smell you..lol.

OK, this is the answer anyone considering using Alli should be focused on.....
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I know a few teachers who use it....I would start it on a long break...so you can gauge how it works for your body lol...and decide whether you can handle its effects..:) ..make sure u ask if pple can smell you..lol.
    Good on you for being willing to share your experiences, and having a sense of humor about it all. :drinker:
  • Karen19_91
    Options
    I
    make sure u ask if pple can smell you..lol.

OK, this is the answer anyone considering using Alli should be focused on.....
    hahahha.! ...I would make sure I was alone when i started it...or with very very close loved one...lol
  • Karen19_91
    Options
    Good on you for being willing to share your experiences, and having a sense of humor about it all. :drinker:
    hahah. its bettering the public with knowlege!! . I can laugh at myself >.< lol