having big arms, what's the proper exercise for that?

Options
2»

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Trudy is not a troll she's sweet. The best arms and abs come from swimming.

awww you sweety gaeljo xxx :flowerforyou: ( i will pay ya later) :drinker:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My arms are the last places I've lost weight, and would be the first place I'd gain it. There's nothing you can do to make yourself lose weight there, but I recommend lifting heavy weights and working the triceps.

They won't give instant results, and for a while, they might even make your arms look larger (and add extra weight on the scale from your body holding on to water to help "cushion" your throbbing muscles), but eventually you will build lean muscle on there, which give a more sleek look. You need to eat though or you'll never be happy with the appearance of your arms.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Ciedelle!
    Being a fellow big-armed female with a bigger tummy than I want to have, my only advice to you is to NOT do heavy arm nor ab specific workouts. Building muscle in areas where you want to reduce size will add muscle and that looks better yes, but you won't reduce the size. Keep focusing on core muscle and other areas you want to tone and wait to see what your arms and abs look like when you've lost the weight you're aiming to lose. Then tone up if you want to.

I've always built muscle easily, especially in my arms. They are very muscular without me doing anything at all, and even now that I'm down at a body fat percentage of 25 I have bigger arms than I want without arm workouts at all.

It is a common mistake to think that you'll reduce with more effort on certain areas but that is sadly not the case.

ETA: From your picture I don't think your arms are big! They are proportionate with the rest of your body and you look good! :glasses:
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Zumba with weights/tonning sticks is good. good cardio exercise, big on core and arms but also works ur legs too. thats my opinion anyway
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    now that you've pretty much reached your desired weight, you need to lift weights to scuplt your muscles. As you gain muscle your body will burn fat more easily and your arms will thin out, I'm having the same issue right now. I've got bulky muscular arms because I've been doing a lot of circuit training to lose weight now I'm at at point where I need to sculpt and lose fat to have more muscle definition.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    LOL Troll is a term for people who are mean or get a bit huffy in a conversation, in their comments or responses. He wasn't calling you a troll dearie!
    No, a troll is someone who intentionally stirs up trouble or says provocative things just to get a response. It's not about getting huffy.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    LOL Troll is a term for people who are mean or get a bit huffy in a conversation, in their comments or responses. He wasn't calling you a troll dearie!
    No, a troll is someone who intentionally stirs up trouble or says provocative things just to get a response. It's not about getting huffy.

This.

I was referring to the OP. Sorry for the confusion people :smile: