Do you think like me???

Options
Do u have a calorie goal set for yourself less then the one given to you on MFP? Like my goal is between 1200-1500 while MFP goal is 1930. If so do u feel guilty going over it, even if you stay below you MFP goal? How do you feel about eating not so healthy things, as long as you stay under your goal? & Do you feel guilty if you go a day w/o exercising? Just wanting to know if ppl r thinking how I am?...lol

Replies

• matthewdill83
    Options
    MFP has me at 2000 calories for a 2lb a week weightloss, which works for me.. I try not to eat unhealthy things, but every once and a while it wont hurt, as long as like you said, you portion it right..

As far as the exercise, theres nothing wrong with taking a day off.. I sometimes feel lazy too, especially if youve been going at it for 4 or 5 days straight.. But your body will enjoy the rest, and so will you.. Just make sure that one day doesnt turn into 2 days, 3 days.....................
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    MFP has had me at 1200 calories for my entire membership. i have had to eat less to lose.
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do try to eat under the cals goal mfp set me at but I don't beat myself up if I eat up to that cal amt. I do feel bad if I don't workout, but I don't feel bad if I eat not so healthy foods as I usually allocate my day so that I can have that item.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Ohmaigawsh yes!

I've mentally set my intake between 1200-1500, even though MFP has me set at 2,060 calories a day. Even when I go slightly over 1500, I feel terrible.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I stay pretty close to my MFP goal, including eating most of my exercise calories, b/c it's worked really well for me so far. But my goal the whole time has been about 1200 so it's not like I have a lot of room to go lower and still feel healthy. Some days I go higher, it's especially hard when I take a trip 'back home' b/c it means fast food on the road and meals not cooked by me, but I just do my best and keep in mind that it's good to keep the body guessing every now and then. Plus even if I go over by 300, I'm still 200 under my maintenance (since I'm set to lose 1 lb per week), so still at a level for weightless just not as fast. I try not to freak out over an off day here and there. Life happens. :-)

I exercise most days but sometimes you just need a break. Sometimes life is too hectic, and sometimes Jillian kicks my butt and I need a couple days to recover. LOL
  • wenikikini
    wenikikini Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on a higher protien diet and lower calorie intake right now. It keeps yelling at me that i'm not eatting enough calories! But yes.. I agree with you.. some people have different goals set in mind. I am sure that you can adjust to what ever you need and fix it on here. :) I try to at least eat protien every 2 hours to help keep my metabolism up and running fast!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1200 calories for a 2 lb weight loss a week. I kind of feel guilty if I don't go to the gym. I have a busy work schedule and if I'm working doubles, I have no time to get there. It all depends, I try and get to the gym 3-5 times per week.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Do u have a calorie goal set for yourself less then the one given to you on MFP? Like my goal is between 1200-1500 while MFP goal is 1930. If so do u feel guilty going over it, even if you stay below you MFP goal? How do you feel about eating not so healthy things, as long as you stay under your goal? & Do you feel guilty if you go a day w/o exercising? Just wanting to know if ppl r thinking how I am?...lol

Nope.
    If anything I feel guilty if I am too far UNDER my MFP goal. I have been eating around 1450 - 1650 net calories since I started - one of my aims was to get into the habit of eating a reasonable amount of food that is good for me - not too much, not too little and less junk (ie chocolate!). I don't manage that everyday but I'm definitely getting better and I'm feeling great for it!
    I deliberately build in one or two rest days each week, my body and my brain need time out.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    There's a very good reason why MFP gives you the goal that it does. It gives you a calorie deficit that will lead to healthy weight loss. Going extra under that on a regular basis may be unhealthy or slow your weight loss in the long run.

I know it's hard to get over that mental barrier you set up for yourself, but remember that health is what's most important here. Lose weight the healthy way.
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my intake around 1,400 cal and my exercise over 300 cal.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am about 200 cals under where MFP set me, but for the most part I don't feel bad if I go over. If I excericse I don't feel bad at all. I used to get down on myself for missing a day or two of exercise, but now I just take it in stride. I'm losing slowly at a rate of about 1.25 - 1.5 lbs average since I started. I don't eat too much junk anymore and when we go off the wagon its usually on something healthy. I finally came to terms with making this about a long term journey that is life long instead of a rigid short term plan I won't adhere to.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

You eat 200 calories a day or you try to be within 200 calories of your MFP target?
  • NorthRiver
    NorthRiver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    MFP had me at 1200 and I simply could NOT stick to that. Was always over by 200, more often 400, and if I tried to stick to it, I felt like I was starving. In the end it turned out I had really underestimated just how many calories I burn working out... So no, I didn't feel bad about going over because it felt insane to stick to the set limit.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    before i came to mfp i was on a nother site that recommended me at 1500. mfp said 1320. i stuck with my 1500 because i knew that had worked for me. i wasnt exercising b4 but now that i am i have put it down to wat mfp said, and i eat 200 of my exercise calories and i try to leave the rest as extra burn off. some days i go well somedays i go bad. so essentually im at the same food goal but im exercising as well.

i use to compettively try and be under my food cal limit when i first started but i quickly found that isnt the best way to look at it. if ur not at ur calorie limit and ur not hungry great, but if you are hungry then u should eat something.

if i go over my 1500 and eat more of my exercise calories i do feel guilty, because i think eating too manty of my exercise calories was causing me to gain a few weeks ago and so now im trying not to eat them all.

i exercise everyday because my current challange is to exercise everday for a month, but i feel guilty when i dont put enough effort in and dont work hard enough imo.

i think its 100% ok to have unhealthy things if you are under your goal and you watch your portion. for eg i eat chocolate when ever i want to, but i have a max of 25g, usually less, and make sure it fits in my limit for the day. im not perfect i have bad over days wen i eat too much of the bad stuff (like when my family ordered pizza for dinner yikes) but i try to keep it to a minum cause its not good for u and it chews up ur calories. if i eat the bad stuff and go over i feel pretty guilty, if im still under its OK but not the best day ever.

so thats me. idk if you woulf consider it similar or not but thats me lol
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I don't really try to be under my MFP set calories and I eat plenty but I always seem to be 300 or so under my MFP calories. So yeah if I go over now and then I'm not going to worry too much. I've been working out most every day but I am sure I will need a break soon or my body will decide I need a break, lol.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    thanks for your input :happy:
  • callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I feel extremely guilty when i don't go to the gym! my day isn't complete until i burn atleast 900-1,000 calories, when i eat food i only intake half of that. I end up losing at least 4-5lbs a week =)