Hungry out or NOWHERE!!!

Options
SO I started mixing up strength and cardio (30DS and TJ) and now I eat a good 300-400 between 6-7am cal breakfast a fruit or veggie w protein snack around 10-11am... and by my lunch at 12 I am STARVING.. like shaky and HUNGRY!!!! I eat a 300ish cal lunch.12pm... snack between 2-4pm same as morning and dinner 300-400 around 5-6... I am netting around 1400-1500 cals a day with 9-15 cups of water... Anyone else eat like this and get shaky/super hungry before lunch time even hits??? Any suggestions????

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time for an increase
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if you are shaky you definitely need to eat more sooner. as long as you arent taking in too much salt, its low blood sugar. if you are working out an hr all those cal are consumed. i have hypoglycemia and if i dont eat around at least 250 300 every 3 or 4 hrs i am shaky, grumpy, and sometimes fall on the floor. maybe increase your snack at 10 or just eat your full lunch then or by 11.I eat at 630 or 7 then a snack at 8 and then lunch at 11. snack at 2 or 3 dinner at 6
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    snack at 8 then i go workout for an hr, hr and a half
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat a little more? You are still eating fairly low calories for someone who is exercising.

Most individuals who exercise regularly eat around the 2000+ mark
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have thought about it but I net 14-1500 on days I don't work out.. and I am still looking to drop about 15 lbs... my BMR is only 1403and my MFP setting for lightly active only has me at 1410... so i stress over bumping it up
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eat more, or at least eat more before lunch.
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    And I always eat back my exercis calories.. which is why I am not understanding this.. I just started about 5 days ago.. before that it wasn't a problem
  • coreymusonda
    coreymusonda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your fiber...
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    def eat more!
  • SheaHF
    SheaHF Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting post to me, because I have been like this all week! I've been getting a little curious that maybe I'm pregnant, but my last pregnancy I definitely had the opposite problem, so I'm still skeptical on that theory. Anyway, I had the same thing happen to me: eat breakfast, AM snack, and by 11 I was SOOOO hungry--not just bored or looking forward to lunch, but gurgly tummy hunger! I've been trying all sorts--from trying to add more protein to just eating more (trying to keep it to veggies and fruits though), but am still having the weird hunger. I seriously ate two lunches yesterday (luckily just salad) and ate dinner at 4:30 the day before, because I was so hungry! It wasn't as bad today, but I think that was because I didn't get to exercise today. Anyway, if you find a solution, let me know, because I fear I'm going to eat everything in sight!
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did better by exercising in the evening. If I worked up a big hunger (which happens to me when I burn over 350 calories), I wouldn't know because I went to bed :)
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I should also add, your lunch calories seem a little low. I would definitely overdo my afternoon snack if I only had 300 cals for lunch. I try to get between 350 and 400 at lunch, then have a 120 cal Greek yogurt around 3 P.M. That gets me to dinner pretty easily.
  • hopeful23455
    hopeful23455 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It really does sound like you're having low blood sugars (I'm a Type I diabetic). If you're not comfortable upping your overall daily calories to include slightly larger snacks/meals, then I'd recommend really focusing on upping protein. I often suffer from hypoglycemia, and I always do better when I can 1) never eat a carb alone without a protein, and 2) the "consistent carb" thing, where I split my daily carb goal evenly across all my snacks and meals. Keeping a more stable carb level, and especially adding the protein, helps me decrease the low blood sugar incidents. I know how yucky that starving/shaky feeling is, so I hope you feel better soon!