what's the deal w/no weight lost?

Options
I've been logging cals for 2 1/2 wks now. My goal is only 1 lb a week, I only have 9 to lose. I've been exercising and staying real close to my goal calories and yet...nothing. The scale dropped 1 lb one day and then back up the next. It is literally stuck at 139 every morning for 2 1/2 wks now and is not budging. I know not all my cals are coming from 'healthy' foods, but a calorie is a calorie right? Shouldn't it not matter so much as I follow calories in and calories out? I just don't understand.... It seems some weight should've come off!

Replies

• jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Are you watching your sodium and drinking all of your water?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Could be lots of things
    How high is your sodium?
    Are you just getting used to the exercise program?
    Are you eating exercise calories?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    with only 9 pounds to lose it's harder to get 'em gone,

try zig zagging your calories...there are a few posts

addressing this topic here on MFP, best:flowerforyou:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    with only 9 lbs to lose, maybe you could try setting your weight loss goal for .5 lb per week.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    The closer you are to your ideal weight the harder it is to lose. Just stay with it. Don't give up
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    One may think that calroies are calories, but you have to track your fats as well. If you are eating too many mono and poly unsaturated fats that is not good. Although you are counting your calories, you should try to be making healthier choices in your food consumption. Just hinkn of it this way, which is better...a McDonald's Hamburger or a homemade lean turkey burger on a wheat roll with lettuce and mustard (ketchup and onions have sugar in them).
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    One may think that calroies are calories, but you have to track your fats as well. If you are eating too many mono and poly unsaturated fats that is not good. Although you are counting your calories, you should try to be making healthier choices in your food consumption. Just hinkn of it this way, which is better...a McDonald's Hamburger or a homemade lean turkey burger on a wheat roll with lettuce and mustard (ketchup and onions have sugar in them).

Mono and polyunsaturated fats are Omega-3 and Omega -6 Fatty acids which are absolutely GREAT for your health and can actually help with your weight loss by lowering insulin levels. I think you meant to say that saturated fats are bad for you.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    how tall are you? maybe you are closer to your goal than you think and your body is at your ideal weight. if you do not have a muffin top or any extra fat,maybe you are done
  • adc45
    adc45 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had 2 sedentary months after moving to a new town and gained 7 lbs. I'm back to the gym several times a week and just want to get back down to a weight I'm comfortable at. So, it's not as if weight loss slowed down, I haven't lost ANY!

You're free to check my diary(I think it's public), I'm a busy mom of 3, so I try to eat healthy and exercise while maintaining my sanity in this busy house! lol

I don't think my fats are too high either.

I'm at around 1300 cals/day and don't feel hungry for more. zig zagging scares me, but I could try...
  • adc45
    adc45 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'5" and 29 yrs old. All-time high of 175 when I delivered my daughter, lowest ever was 130, just want the scale to budge back down a bit. Have a 29" waist right now and liked when it was 27", no muffin top per se, but know I've been lower before and want it back! lol
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Mono and polyunsaturated fats are Omega-3 and Omega -6 Fatty acids which are absolutely GREAT for your health and can actually help with your weight loss by lowering insulin levels. I think you meant to say that saturated fats are bad for you.

Even saturated fats aren't bad for you.
    Fat does not make you fat and is an essential macronutrient
    And sugar will not stall weight loss. Avoid onions because of sugar? Bad advice there
  • meganvalerie
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.. The weight just isn't budging! I've been keeping a close eye on my calories, with only a small amount of weight I'd like to lose.

I figured perhaps I'm building muscle which is heavier than fat, so perhaps I need to buy a tape measure to see if I'm getting results around my waist
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options

And sugar will not stall weight loss. Avoid onions because of sugar? Bad advice there

Bravo!!!:drinker:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.. The weight just isn't budging! I've been keeping a close eye on my calories, with only a small amount of weight I'd like to lose.

I figured perhaps I'm building muscle which is heavier than fat, so perhaps I need to buy a tape measure to see if I'm getting results around my waist

report back and I bet you are smaller!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    with only 9 lbs to lose, maybe you could try setting your weight loss goal for .5 lb per week.

This would be my recommendation as well.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I agree that monos and polys are not bad for you if you get them in the right ratio. I don't see why it's not good??
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    see next post
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options

Bravo!!!:drinker:

Yes, I was mistaken regarding the fats. I was just passing along information that was learned while watching Biggest Loser regarding the onions:They have the most sugar among vegetables including asparagus and broccoli. I was just trying to say that the calories you consume are not just calories. One should try to make healthy choices. I guess I was just read wrong. I do wish everyone luck in their weight loss challenges.
  • nicoletherese14
    Options

Definitely get a tape measure! I lost 10cm from my waist without losing a single kg because I weight train!