Getting tired of Lane Bryant

Options
Hi all - looking for others who are sick of over priced, low quality fat girl clothes who want the freedom to shop wherever, whenever! I've got about 70 pounds to go - but probably only 30 and I can leave LB for good. It's always been strange to be that I can fit in a 14/16 shirt there but it's really a size 20 in a regular store. WTH - are they trying to make me feel "skinny" in the fat lady store? Add me if you wanna motivate each other along the way!

Replies

• Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WTH - are they trying to make me feel "skinny" in the fat lady store?

Thank you for the mega gut laugh! I so agree!
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey I know the feeling - i had to try a bridesmaid dress on the other day and was disgusted that coz they were in "normal sizes" I was a size 22.

Where as when i buy my clothes in a bigger size store or range I am a 18 :/ So confusing!!
  • patience842003
    Options
    Yeah and what's even funnier is now they have those new sizes for jeans so 14/16 is like a size 1...lol... really? :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've learned I just don't care about the number on the tag. How do I look in said clothing? I look hawt.
  • patience842003
    Options
    I'm an "18" too and I had to buy my wedding dress in a size 22 too... I hate buying bridal wear because it's always sized like 4 sizes up and I think they do it for money because sometimes every size up is different price.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi all - looking for others who are sick of over priced, low quality fat girl clothes who want the freedom to shop wherever, whenever! I've got about 70 pounds to go - but probably only 30 and I can leave LB for good. It's always been strange to be that I can fit in a 14/16 shirt there but it's really a size 20 in a regular store. WTH - are they trying to make me feel "skinny" in the fat lady store? Add me if you wanna motivate each other along the way!

I wouldn't call LB a "fat lady store". They carry big sizes but they also have smaller sizes too.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Torrid? I love their clothes. Some of their clothing is sized as 1,2,3 etc but its basically 1x, 2x, 3x etc. Check out their clothing chart.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    thank you for that. i laughed my *kitten* off. haha. i havent been there, but i did go to victoria's secret and got sized by this girl the size of my thigh. she was like we dont carry your size. try a bigger store. i was like ughhh o ok wait what r you trying to say???? this is a bra store. duh im not trying to fit into your size small panties over there i need a bra. i was just giving her a hard time i knew she had meant my bust size but you should have seen her face. . but you mam' you have made my day. i am sending a request your way.
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Never heard of it. I'll have to scope it out. Thanks!
  • livindreams
    Options
    Oh I agree with you. Nice plus size clothing is hard to find & wish they would just make the same clothing larger...no need for elastic waists etc. But let's do this & we never have to care! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Yeah and what's even funnier is now they have those new sizes for jeans so 14/16 is like a size 1...lol... really? :laugh:

Right - so I guess if the big lady stores go with the single digits, the regular clothes are gonna have to start being sized in the negative numbers. LOL - maybe when I hit goal I'll be a size -5!
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    but i did go to victoria's secret and gsending a request yourot sized by this girl the size of my thigh. she was like we dont carry your size. try a bigger store. i was like ughhh o ok wait what r you trying to say???? this is a bra store. duh im not trying to fit into your size small panties over there i need a bra.

hahaha - that just made my night!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    yeah i hated when they changed to size 1. I'm like you making me look like a d**m fool talking about i need a 1. So glad they've gone back to the real sizes.

OAN: Shopping at a womens store can always get you a bigger size. I'm a 14 womens 14W but a 16 regular.

Also wedding dresses run small. My friend wears a 2 but needed a size 6 wedding gown. She was about to die.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was just at Torrid and Lane Bryant today. At Torrid they do have the 1,2,3,4. But they also have size 12,14,16,18 etc now too.
    Regardless of what Lane Bryant or Torrid have for their sizes, Moving down in size is just a good feeling. I use to wear Lane Bryant 26/28 and as of today I fit their 14/16! I do realize that other clothing lines fit differantly. Even Old Navy runs big but when you go to the GAP which is a parent company....it's smaller. It drives me nuts because you get so confident in the clothes you wear and the sizes. You think you can just shop anywhere at that size. Not true. Wish they would just make it standard. ARGH! lol but regardless. Going down in size is going down in size :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I loved those sizes. I felt so much better being a size 4. LOL
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Moving down in size is just a good feeling. I use to wear Lane Bryant 26/28 and as of today I fit their 14/16!

Agreed! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • healthysue228
    Options
    I agree....those new jeans sizes are just stupid. I KNOW I am nor will I ever be a size 1-4, so why the lie?! Then when I shop in another store (fashion bug), I have no idea WHAT size I wear!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I buy the plus sized clothes at Target. You're paying for a tag at LB, just like any other higher-priced store. Quality is hit or miss, and it's all about shopping at the 'right store'.

I'll buy a XXL sweater at Dollar Tree if it looks good on me. Nobody sees the tag but me.
  • coloradotiff
    coloradotiff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll buy a XXL sweater at Dollar Tree if it looks good on me. Nobody sees the tag but me.
    [/quote]
    Hahaha couldnt of said it better lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    LOL Not being able to shop at Lane Bryant was a mini-victory for me. You go girl!