Some people need to just keep their trap shut!

Options
Yesterday at work, I was cutting up my apple and almonds for my breakfast..

An older lady who I work with says to me:

"Oh look whos dieting AGAIN, youll gain it all back AND more in less than a week"

I dont understand why people would even bother making comments like that?

What do they get out of it!

Grrr, she really upset me, (Im a serial dieter) and this is the FIRST THING IVE ACTUALLY STUCK TO..

AND HAD RESULTS!

:(

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't let that get to you. Keep on keepin' on. Show her you can do it and don't lower yourself to be as miserable as she probably is. :)

:flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yes, some people do need to.
    But, that's human nature, people can't help themselves when the spot someone eating "healthy" - as though that is a bad thing.
    Ignore the comment, keep up the good work and you show her you can do it!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Don't let her get to you. Maybe she will die soon.
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    *****es like that are just jealous and are meant to be ignored. I don't even kno the hag but I'd like to punch her!!! Do NOT let a negative person like that get u down. Next time just smile. It will eat her that u didn't get upset.
  • davejlee
    davejlee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "I let my haters be my motivators."
  • amandac001
    amandac001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That was incredibly rude of her! Do not let her get to you! You should be incredibly proud of what you have accomplished thus far. Keep eating those apples and show her what you're made of!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I would have flipped her the bird and said, "Oh sorry, the diet made me do it."
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've found that the people who make rude comments and try to bash you? Well, they are insecure about their own weight (or themselves in general) and want to try and bring you down to their level. Misery loves company and all that jazz. Don't let her get to you.
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    **** her, she obviously sucks at life.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would have flipped her the bird and said, "Oh sorry, the diet made me do it."

LMAO!
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    This:)
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Hahahah, you are ALL right!

I wont let her get to me :)

Your responses actually made me laugh out loud! haha

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    "Oh look whos dieting AGAIN, youll gain it all back AND more in less than a week"

Maybe she's feeling inadequate, because she can't stick to a program & yo-yo diets. You should introduce her to MFP. Poor thing... :tongue:
  • Keepingmygoal
    Options
    Prove her wrong!!!!
  • kellylara93
    Options
    This:)

EXACTLY !
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Its all true, you have chosen to take control of your health which is awesome. She is no doubt jealous and cynical of your ability to succeed. Just use her as motivation - prover her wrong, then one day walk up and flex your new awesome body in front of her - BAM! hehehe
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Work people can be insensitive and rude. Don't let that get to you - you can show her she is wrong without words, just by continuing your program. Keep doing what you are doing and smile when you see her knowing she has no power to get to you (that will make the smile come easy).

You can do this! Look at the results you have already. Feel good about that - no matter what work peoplse say.
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Don't let her get to you. Maybe she will die soon.

Hahahahah!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    crazy...to me, an apple and almonds is HEALTHY food, not "diet" food :) Sorry you have to deal with such a jerk at work...I like the idea of letting that motivate you though...
  • tinamarie0711
    Options
    Blah old ppl..they think they can say whatever they want just because they're old. Sorry if I offend anyone but its true!