Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 11 - LNS: 5
  • Munkyzilla
    Options
    You know I think part of it is being bored, too. It is hideous weather here in the fall/winter/spring. It's dark, cold, and rainy. I don't allow myself wine during the week, but that would be a welcome distraction. LOL I'm not tired. I munch. I'm going to try harder.

Thank you for responding.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 10
    LNS - 7*
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 10 ~ LNS: 7*
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    LNS: 6

I did well last night. And I'm determined NOT to LNS tonight or any weekend night. That will put me in an "unknown" state for Monday - 'cause I've NEVER succeeded like that before, lol!

(I'll be out-of-town at an ice hockey tournie...and, when I'm in hotels, for some reason I DON'T get the LNS munchies....must be the prices of all the goodies in that baskeT!)
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Munkyzilla, I'm with Beeps on this one.
    There have been protests over here about the late night eating. People suggesting protein, light meals, low-calorie snacks. This is not the topic here. We address here the snacking which doubles our calories, the mindless eating, the boredom eating, the movies munching. :smile: I don't advocate for going to bed with a growling stomach and not being able to rest well because of that. I, for one, need to do this at times, though, because if I allow myself an innocent apple, this can turn into a sinful apple :smile: : whenever it makes me hungrier and wanting to eat more; I then end up thinking "ah, whatever, I've already blown it tonight".

Yet, everyone is different. You have to find out what is good for you. If you feel that things get too often out of hand and you eat at night without really needing it/more than you need and if you look for a way to control the night eating then you have come to the right place. We don't guarantee success: you are the one doing the work. It's up to you to stick with us; if you do (even when you fail), we offer support and help with accountability :wink:.

Everyone sets their own cut-off time here. Ideally, two hours before going to bed; to give your stomach a change to rest, drink only water/mild herbal tea. If you need more tips, just ask. We have a wonderful community here ;).
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 12 - LNS: 5
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 11* ~ LNS: 7
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 12 - LNS: 6*
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    LNS: 5
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 12* ~ LNS: 7
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 12
    LNS - 8*
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ME: 14

I'd say this is pretty damn good. Now, I did have popcorn for supper on Friday....but, it wasn't late-night and it solved the "craving" I was having. I recorded this as a "ME", but if you want me to switch it to LNS (because it really was a BAD snack - it had butter and salt all over every damn morsel!), I will do that.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    ME: 14

I'd say this is pretty damn good. Now, I did have popcorn for supper on Friday....but, it wasn't late-night and it solved the "craving" I was having. I recorded this as a "ME", but if you want me to switch it to LNS (because it really was a BAD snack - it had butter and salt all over every damn morsel!), I will do that.

I, for one, don't want you to. If it wasn't late, than it's not a point for LNS. It might be a point for "unhealthy food" or "salty stuff" :wink:, but those are different challenges :wink:.

Keep up the very good work! Successes like this are motivating for everyone, right, peeps?

Me: 14 - LNS: 6 (I also won't record for instance the tomato juice that I drank past my cut-off last night, because I don't feel like I should :tongue: I was good otherwise :smile:.)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This month is 2/3 over and I have only LNS 6 TIMES!! Seriously, when I think about that, I am just, well, REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF!

And, I'm proud of all of you on this thread. dewdrop, I DO find GREAT MOTIVATION in reading all the success that is happening here!

Awesome. Just. Awesome.

Signed, popcorn-lover who knows, bar none, that popcorn will remain a staple in her diet until death...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 12
    LNS - 9*

Did GREAT...until hubby came home. Daggone him...or my self-control. Better tonight.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    All I can say is thank goodness for this challenge - it keeps me in line like nothing else!
    Me: 16
    LNS: 5
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 14 - LNS: 7*
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 13* ~ LNS:8
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 15

I ended up doing a cardio-class last night....so, I didn't even have my SUPPER until nearly 8:00. So, it kind of was "late-night" eating, for me, but I hadn't even eaten all my MFP calories for the day. So, I'm giving last night to "me".